Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Posted: 9/11/2010 12:11:57 PM EDT
If I have to travel for work, e.g. go live in another state for 3months, is it legal for me to bring any of my form 4 objects as long as they are legal in the state I will be living in? Keep in mind my residency will remain in my home state, where my silencers are, and where they are registered.

Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 3:17:17 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/11/2010 3:34:49 PM EDT by Ghoulardi]
yes, perfectly legal to move a NFA items temporary to another state if that state has no laws against owning that type of NFA item. you just have to fill out and send a ATF Form 5320.20 (you can download the form off the net) to the NFA branch, indicating where and for how long, prior to you going. wait for the approved form to come back, and you can take it with you. make sure that you have a copy of the form 4(s) for that NFA items and the approved 5320.20 with you.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:04:50 PM EDT
word. thanks man.
Link Posted: 9/11/2010 4:34:39 PM EDT
Originally Posted By Ghoulardi:
yes, perfectly legal to move a NFA items temporary to another state if that state has no laws against owning that type of NFA item. you just have to fill out and send a ATF Form 5320.20 (you can download the form off the net) to the NFA branch, indicating where and for how long, prior to you going. wait for the approved form to come back, and you can take it with you. make sure that you have a copy of the form 4(s) for that NFA items and the approved 5320.20 with you.

Form 5320.20 is not required for silencers, but it is still a good idea to do so.
Top Top