Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/31/2009 3:51:04 PM EDT
I don't have any problem locating a gunsmith to thread it, but we haven't done the math yet. Is doing a 1/2X28 thread possible on a Buckmark with flat machined barrel?

Like pictured below?

Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:35:11 PM EDT
[#1]
I would think so. What's the width of the barrel from flat side to flat side?
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#2]
if it's no more than .005 inch under a half inch you'll be good to go
Link Posted: 10/31/2009 6:07:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't have any decent calipers handy, but it is right at 0.75

I think I am good.

Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:40:44 AM EDT
[#4]
The threading part is easy.  Making and timing a thread protector to match the slab side would be tricky (fun).
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:11:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The threading part is easy.  Making and timing a thread protector to match the slab side would be tricky (fun).

Make the thread protector (internally) but leave the outside oversize. Fit it until it snugs up to the barrel. Then mill the sides of the adaptor to match the profile.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Why would the thread protector have to have the flats machined on it? Granted, it would look better, but why couldn't a standard thread protector functionally work?

I am not going to care what the thread protector look like.

Link Posted: 11/2/2009 6:01:04 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Why would the thread protector have to have the flats machined on it? Granted, it would look better, but why couldn't a standard thread protector functionally work?

I am not going to care what the thread protector look like.

Strictly for looks. If you don't care then that makes it easier.
Link Posted: 11/2/2009 11:14:20 AM EDT
[#8]
some people dont care if their shoes dont match

it is just a style / hidden thread deal.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top