Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/26/2005 1:28:45 AM EDT
I was reading the thread about the new Army ACU pattern uniforms, and MultiCam was mentioned.  I hadn't heard of this pattern before, and in looking at it I'm very impressed.  I was wondering if any of you fine gentlemen (and ladies?) had any information on this pattern, or any experience with it.  

Another question I have is the general popularity of it in the industry as a whole.  I know that Crye Precision -- which I believe is the company that came up with the pattern in the first place, correct me if I'm wrong -- has a pretty cool set of clothing in the pattern, but they're not yet available.  I sent them off an email asking when general availability would kick in, but haven't heard back yet.  It's been four months since their pre-order phase ended. On the MultiCam Pattern website, they list Kifaru as one of the main providers of equipment in this pattern, which is awesome because I had wanted to purchase a couple packs from them in the future for various needs.  Other than that, most of the companies listed seem to provide it only by special order.  Is the MultiCam pattern more of a fad, or is it a valid pattern in its infancy that hasn't had time to catch on yet?

Also, if I got really crazy, how hard would it be to DuraCoat an AR-15 upper and lower in this pattern?  Also, if there's something better than Duracoat, I'd love to hear about it.

On a barely-related note, I noticed a couple things from Blackwater Gear that I thought were pretty dang cool.  Is Blackwater gear worth the money?  On a scale of 1 (don't touch that) to 10 (best in class), where would Blackwater fall?

I know I kinda jumped around on the topics there, but any information you guys could provide about them would be much appreciated.  Especially about the MultiCam pattern.  The other questions are kinda secondary.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 2:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
IMHO I thnik that multicam is a very good and effective pattern. Over the next year or two I think that it won't gain AS MUCH popularity as it should, cause of the new standard for military- ACU camo. But for people who can use it in the LE/ CIV sector, it is an awesome pattern. Crye makes GREAT clothing, but I know they are very expensive. Probably worth every cent if your the kind of guy who loves spending alot of money on good quality gear.

Kifaru- I can't EVER say enough good things about them. They're packs in multicam are great, and they just started going with colored hardware to match the patterns. They will be coming out with ACU pattern early next year.

Some guys over here have Blackwater gear, but the general word on the street is it is no better than eagle or blackhawk. So I would give it a high 6/ low 7. There are better pouches and accessories out there- like www.diamondbacktactical.com - AWESOME stuff.

just my .02

Scott
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 5:20:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The ONLY problem(s) that I have seen with Multicam is 1) price $$$ and 2) availability.

Other than that, I love the pattern and the general effectiveness.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:34:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Sooner or later someone like Propper is going to buy a bazillion yards of the fabric and start cranking out $100 sets.  Unless Crye wants to create scarcity (demand) by not selling in such quantities to major manufacturers, we should see something like this soon.

That's what I'm hoping for.  Finally got an email back from Crye Precision, they said that their clothing would be available in October once their website is fully ready on the eCommerce side.

scotchrick05: I just checked out Diamondback Tactical, and it looks like they're just a supply house that resells other major manufacturer's gear.  Is the Battletab Nylon stuff their line, specifically, that you were referring to?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:56:01 AM EDT
[#5]
The product out on the retail market is fairly new. Availability, demand and price are a factor for manufacturers as well as the end user right now. We are gearing up to produce a few items, field testing of tac gear is currently underway , and we have some wild ideas on the blackboard for other markets, some utilizing new manufacturing/production technologies to expand how the product is used.hug.gif
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 1:50:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:44:43 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
The product out on the retail market is fairly new. Availability, demand and price are a factor for manufacturers as well as the end user right now. We are gearing up to produce a few items, field testing of tac gear is currently underway , and we have some wild ideas on the blackboard for other markets, some utilizing new manufacturing/production technologies to expand how the product is used.hug.gif

Howdy,

Who is "we"?

Sounds interesting, I'd like to know a little more.

Ditto on this. I'm very interested.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Neat stuff, removes the black from the woodland camo which makes it harder to see through night vision, but ridiculously expensive.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:50:04 PM EDT
[#9]
eagle a3 multicam

and no im not fifteen years old!!beeaaachtes

meat

eta: beeeatches
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top