Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/8/2010 5:17:28 AM EDT
Anybody used this?  Is it functional or too small?  I am looking to throw something by the bed gun to add a few more available rounds.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:11:34 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one and I like it.  I am not a huge fan of the chest rig, but this is a minimalist type of setup.  I put the HSGI mag pouches on the front that hold 6 mags or four comfortably, a TT E&E vertical pouch on the right side of that, and dual pistol mag pouches on the left  The HSGI mag pouches have Molle on the front of them if you feel the need to throw any other smaller items on that.

I have to admit that I copied the idea from another member, but it is a great setup in my mind for the uses that I might ever have for it.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:17:49 AM EDT
[#2]
That's kind of what I am thinking.  Does it fit well?  It's not sloppy is it?  I worry about the size of it and the amount of weight that it wouldn't be that stable.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 6:34:37 AM EDT
[#3]
size and amount of weight?  Just what do you plan on putting on it that you think it wouldn't be stable using adjustable straps and a waist belt?
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:15:31 AM EDT
[#4]
I use one with a TT 3 AR mag panel and two pistol pouches. It's not my main bug out gear, but t's light, cool, and holds what I need for a basic class.

My only complaint is the sholder straps can really rub my neck raw if I don't contantly make sure my shirts collar is between the strap and my neck.
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:22:32 AM EDT
[#5]

I like to run it clean like this though.

Great kit when I bought it - with the choices now, I would much rather have THIS
Or
this
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I have one and I like it.  I am not a huge fan of the chest rig, but this is a minimalist type of setup.  I put the HSGI mag pouches on the front that hold 6 mags or four comfortably, a TT E&E vertical pouch on the right side of that, and dual pistol mag pouches on the left  The HSGI mag pouches have Molle on the front of them if you feel the need to throw any other smaller items on that.

I have to admit that I copied the idea from another member, but it is a great setup in my mind for the uses that I might ever have for it.

my set up exactly...

simple, light,fast... enough for me to get away anyways....

holds 4 fully loaded AK mags tight to my chest with no slop. I'm 6', 165lbs.

I have been thinking about swithchng to HSGI's H harness.

Link Posted: 9/8/2010 1:13:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Why would you guys switch from the TT to the HSGI versions???
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 7:42:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why would you guys switch from the TT to the HSGI versions???

The HSGI version comes with an H hanress instead of the criss-cross straps.  not saying I would switch if I already had the TT one, but I can certainly attest that H harnesses are prefereable to some over the crossed straps (more comfortable, at least to me!)
Link Posted: 9/8/2010 11:09:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been using the mini-MAV since it was first introduced for multiple roles. The rig is great as a minimalist rig, but isnt the best option if you are looking to carry a ton of mags plus the kitchen sink. My Minis typically have nothing more than a BFG 10 Speed pouch on them and maybe a BOK.

I've been running a HSGI H harness on one of my Minis since the start of the year and it is how the rig should have been designed from the get go. THe H harness is better at balancing out the load and prevents most of the chaffing problems people encounter with chest rigs.

I'll probably pick one of the HSGI AO rigs by the end of the year and give it a test run. The HSGI offers a bit more space than the Mini-MAV (full PALS columns at the outer edges of the rig) and the handle in the front has interesting potential.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top