Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/25/2006 5:04:01 PM EDT
Hello all...

I've been lurking the FAL forum here for a long time.  I was finally convinced and just bought a STG58 from ImpactGuns www.impactguns.com/store/DSA-STG58T1.html

Not knowing much about them except that I must have one, I have a stupid newbie question.

Metric or inch mags?  I want to pick up some mags before I head over to my FFL and pick up the rifle.

Thanks everyone!
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 5:30:47 PM EDT
[#1]
The STG58 from DSA is a great rifle, it takes metric mags.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 1:27:46 AM EDT
[#2]
same for my real StG58: metric mags
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 7:03:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Metric FAL mags are supper cheap and very reliable.  Search the net.  They are everywhere!

Great rifle and welcome to the FAL club.  

Regards,
Gary
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:36:40 AM EDT
[#4]
CDNN has the metric mags at a good price, and they come with stripper clip guides. Also, have a good shipping policy.

I just received 3 and am pleased. The mags were top notch. The stripper clip guides were used and a little gritty, but a quick rinse with some Dawn and they're good to go. Good service as well.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Congrats on your FAL... From everything I have read on here, you can't go wrong with a DSA FAL...

I am starting a  gun fund for either a DSA, or a DPMS 308....

Now get out there & shoot that sucker.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:15:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Go to aimsurplus.com and buy as much South African 308 as you can possibly afford.

Congrats on your new rifle and welcome to the club.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 11:31:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Go to aimsurplus.com and buy as much South African 308 as you can possibly afford.

Congrats on your new rifle and welcome to the club.

Yup...

Both the advice and the welcome...

Forrest

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 6:03:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for all the info.  Can't wait to pick this up.  I ordered some of the mags from CDNN and I've been buying ammo from AIM for quite a while.

Thanks again.  Looking forward to getting this and taking it to the range.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top