Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2002 9:14:43 PM EDT
Any experiances with these I just picked up a 4 inch model with adjustable sights and black grips for 299. Was this a good deal how are these pistols I ran 50 rounds through it real quick and seemed to shoot well just about 3 inches high and left. I think the prior owner messed with the sights. Anyways I like and am happy. Any input would be appriciated.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:26:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Huh?
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 2:57:48 PM EDT
[#2]
My shooting partner just picked up his today.  He is comparing it to his old S&W Model 41.  

BTW - the Trailsides with adjustable sights CAME with blue/gray wood grips, the black ones are aftermarket OR from the non-adjustable one.  

As for the price, I think $300 is REAL good as he paid $600 for a new one (which are few and far between here in the Midwest).

Link Posted: 7/28/2002 4:56:11 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one of the 4-inch models, too.  I think you got a good deal - mine was $398 new.

One problem I've had with it (not sure if anybody else has had this problem) - the right half of the black plastic grip started to warp, a spring came loose, and this metal bar (I'm not sure what it's called) that connects the trigger to the hammer came out of position.  Anyway, just took the grip off and bent it back into position.  Seems to work now, but I'm betting it'll warp again eventually.  Not the stuff I'd expect from SigArms.
Link Posted: 7/28/2002 7:24:42 PM EDT
[#4]
I picked up a 4" model with the fixed sights last summer for $325 NIB.  I think that optics are the best way to get the most out of this gun.  Also, I'd recommed getting the laminate grips for the gun.  

The best place to get the grips and other Trailside extras is Larry's Guns in Maine.

www.larrysguns.com
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 4:57:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Good price you will like it
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 6:39:22 AM EDT
[#6]
$300 is a good price for a Trailside. I had a 6" target and paid $575 when they first came out. Sold mine three months later for $500. I had nothing but problems with mine and Sig's service was VERY slow. Magazines would always jam on the last round (stock and Model 41s) and the finish started to flake off on the slide. Besides that it was a good gun but a little on the light side for me. I picked up a IZH-35 for $375 and couldn't be happier with it. Granted it doesn't have the finished shine of the Trailside but it has impressed me and anyone else I let shoot it. If your looking for a true target pistol I'd check one out first. However if your looking for a plinker the trailside might be your answer if it is a newer gun.
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 10:22:19 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:$300 is a good price for a Trailside. I had a 6" target and paid $575 when they first came out. Sold mine three months later for $500. I had nothing but problems with mine and Sig's service was VERY slow. Magazines would always jam on the last round (stock and Model 41s) and the finish started to flake off on the slide. Besides that it was a good gun but a little on the light side for me.

Thanks for your post.  Now my irresistable urge to get a Trailside has been suppressed for at least another month or so.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top