Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/10/2022 8:38:08 PM EDT
Does anyone have one of these and shoot suppressed? Any issues with the threading and or barrel concentric?

Thanks in advance
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 8:53:00 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one that I've run a TBAC Ultra9 and Nomad LT on. No issues with concentricity and it is stupid quiet with subsonics. Everyone who shoots it giggles at how quiet it is.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 9:20:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a Thunderbeast 30CB5 on mine; works fine.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 9:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
No issues using my Surge, Nomad LT and Hyperion on mine.  Same experience with my RAR 762x39.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 9:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Use a Nomad LT on mine. Love shooting with subs; it's stupid quiet.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 9:58:27 PM EDT
[#5]
No issue with mine.  

Remember it's a $500 bolt gun with a cold hammer forged barrel, don't expect the action to be silky smooth out of the box.

The finish on the bolt is kinda meh.  I had my son cycled it about 1000 times to break it in.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:16:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Attachment Attached File

Yup. Mine shoots lights-out with my Sig 762 and 220 OTMs.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:33:05 PM EDT
[#7]
My first time shooting suppressed was with a Dead Air Nomad L on RAR 300BO with subs. I giggled.

About 50, so far, rounds without a problem.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 10:41:33 PM EDT
[#8]
In my "on deck circle" of acquisitions.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
I have one.  I am anal and check everything I put a suppressor on with drill rod from McMaster-Carr.  My ranch had no issues.  I am using a direct thread Nomad.  Everyone loves it and it is crazy quiet and soft shooting.

I am hoping my daughter uses it in the next year or two to take her first deer.  She will be shooting these: https://discreetballistics.com/shop/ruger-american-optimized-300-aac-blackout-188gr-subsonic-hunting-load/
They have a loading specific for the 16in 1-7 Ranch barrel.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:02:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have one that I've run a TBAC Ultra9 and Nomad LT on. No issues with concentricity and it is stupid quiet with subsonics. Everyone who shoots it giggles at how quiet it is.
View Quote
Same experience here with Rugged Surge 7.62 suppressor. Sounds almost like a staple gun.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#11]
Probably one of my favorites rifles to shoot.

Hell of a 200yrd hunting rifle. I run a specwar 762 on mine and it's damn quiet!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I have one.  I am anal and check everything I put a suppressor on with drill rod from McMaster-Carr.  My ranch had no issues.  I am using a direct thread Nomad.  Everyone loves it and it is crazy quiet and soft shooting.

I am hoping my daughter uses it in the next year or two to take her first deer.  She will be shooting these: https://discreetballistics.com/shop/ruger-american-optimized-300-aac-blackout-188gr-subsonic-hunting-load/
View Quote

@ag04blast

If you call ruger and ask them about getting a youth stock for your daughter they will give you one for free.

Learned that from AeroEngineer.

My daughter hopes to take her first rifle this year as soon as the stock gets here! I called and asked about purchasing one and they said it is their policy to give youth stocks away for free if a customer calls requesting a stock for their kid.

This is the stock AeroEngineer posted.
Attachment Attached File

Ruger fan for life.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:12:03 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@ag04blast

If you call ruger and ask them about getting a youth stock for your daughter they will give you one for free.

My daughter hopes to take her first rifle this year as soon as the stock gets here! I called and asked about purchasing one and they said it is their policy to give youth stocks away for free if a customer calls requesting a stock for their kid.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/322543/70E74AEC-6DD9-4C0C-9723-DAAC895E6154_jpe-2631225.JPG

Ruger fan for life.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@ag04blast

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/322543/70E74AEC-6DD9-4C0C-9723-DAAC895E6154_jpe-2631225.JPG

Ruger fan for life.

Damn, thanks for letting me know!!!  Ill call this week.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:12:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I run a SiCo Omega 9k on mine. No complaints (well, except for the LOP..too long for me).
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:15:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

No problem. I was shocked. The nice lady told me they sell them for $99+$12 shipping but give them away for free (free shipping too) for kids.

Definitely makes me want to buy another ruger.

I would recommend asking about "purchasing one" for your daughter rather than just asking for a free stock.

She said "these kids are our future customer, we as a company are committed to serving them now so they will be customers in the future". I thought that was so damn cool.

This is my daughters favorite gun. She can hardly wait for the stock to get here.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:17:02 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Does anyone have one of these and shoot suppressed? Any issues with the threading and or barrel concentric?

Thanks in advance
View Quote

Omega 300.  Works like a champ.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:20:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No problem. I was shocked. The nice lady told me they sell them for $99+$12 shipping but give them away for free (free shipping too) for kids.

I would recommend asking about "purchasing one" for your daughter rather than just asking for a free stock.

She said "these kids are our future customer, we as a company are committed to serving them now so they will be customers in the future". I thought that was so damn cool.

This is my daughters favorite gun. She can hardly wait for the stock to get here.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/322543/Screenshot_20221208_085421_Gallery_jpg-2631233.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/322543/Screenshot_20221208_085421_Gallery_jpg-2631233.JPG

I have soo many ARs, I bought the Ranch on a whim to try out 300 blackout.  I have enjoyed it a ton.  A couple of my bird hunting buddies boys shot it last year and ended up shoot all the ammo I had.  I wasnt going to stop their fun.

I have been tempted to pick up a second one and will prob keep my eyes open for a deal, especially knowing the youth stock info.

If I get a second one setup with a youth stock, I guess ill need another 30cal suppressor....
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:22:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Any have some group size pics to share?
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:26:43 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I have soo many ARs, I bought the Ranch on a whim to try out 300 blackout.  I have enjoyed it a ton.  A couple of my bird hunting buddies boys shot it last year and ended up shoot all the ammo I had.  I wasnt going to stop their fun.

I have been tempted to pick up a second one and will prob keep my eyes open for a deal, especially knowing the youth stock info.

If I get a second one setup with a youth stock, I guess ill need another 30cal suppressor....
View Quote

Better buy it now... I'm 7 months into the "90 day wait" for three different cans now. Eform4s are running 8mo average now.
Link Posted: 12/10/2022 11:28:43 PM EDT
[#20]
The Best Suppressed Bolt Action Budget Build [Ruger American]
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 1:03:16 AM EDT
[#21]
I bought one to see how quiet I could get 300blk. It’s movie quiet using subs and my omega 300.
   No issues direct thread. Recently put quick attach muzzle device on.
    Have only shot rabbits in the 50yd range but super fun.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 1:22:28 AM EDT
[#22]
I owned one briefly.  Subs were finger snap quiet through my Nomad LT.  I found the action to be a bit snaggy but it probably would have smoothed out.

The issue that did bother me was light primer strikes on some factory rounds.  I searched and then found this to be a common issue.  Some posters had shared the response they received from Ruger CS saying 300 BO factory ammo uses harder primers because it's intended for ARs, and the American Ranch is only designed for softer "standard" primers because it's a bolt action.  It seems to me if they engrave "300 Blackout" on the side of a gun it needs to be capable of firing 300 Blackout factory ammo...

It ran 100% with Winchester 200gr Subs and grouped them well.  With Armscor and StealTH it failed to fire about 1/4 of the rounds.  I also shot a few Hornady SubX and they shot fine but it wasn't a big enough sample size to say for sure.

Before I worked to resolve the issue one of my buddies decided he wanted it more than I did...

ETA: also realize that AR mags are designed for LSHO and will hold the bolt back when empty.  Some people don't like this.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 9:52:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
In my "on deck circle" of acquisitions.
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/11/2022 9:56:12 AM EDT
[#24]

I'm using a Primary Arms ACSS 1-6x on mine too with the 300 blackout reticle. Works pretty well with holdovers for subs.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:04:51 AM EDT
[#25]
My 6 grader son loves it.  I may pack some epoxy in the stock cavity to help the balance a little bit since the stock is so light and barrel and can make it front heavy.

I roll my own hunting ammo with 182gr poly tipped cooper bullets.  This 3-shot group was off bench at 67yds.

Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:36:55 AM EDT
[#26]
Mine has been a lot of fun. I'm probably going to get another can like a Nomad LT or Magnus as the AEM5-30 is an absolute pig.

Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:11:36 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I'm using a Primary Arms ACSS 1-6x on mine too with the 300 blackout reticle. Works pretty well with holdovers for subs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I put the same scope on mine.  Works great and surprisingly good glass.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:13:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I owned one briefly.  Subs were finger snap quiet through my Nomad LT.  I found the action to be a bit snaggy but it probably would have smoothed out.

The issue that did bother me was light primer strikes on some factory rounds.  I searched and then found this to be a common issue.  Some posters had shared the response they received from Ruger CS saying 300 BO factory ammo uses harder primers because it's intended for ARs, and the American Ranch is only designed for softer "standard" primers because it's a bolt action.  It seems to me if they engrave "300 Blackout" on the side of a gun it needs to be capable of firing 300 Blackout factory ammo...

It ran 100% with Winchester 200gr Subs and grouped them well.  With Armscor and StealTH it failed to fire about 1/4 of the rounds.  I also shot a few Hornady SubX and they shot fine but it wasn't a big enough sample size to say for sure.

Before I worked to resolve the issue one of my buddies decided he wanted it more than I did...

ETA: also realize that AR mags are designed for LSHO and will hold the bolt back when empty.  Some people don't like this.
View Quote

They have supposedly updated them to help with this issue.  Mine is one of the newer one.  I have some gorilla ammo which isn't supposed to work in bolt rifles and fails to go off with the ranch.  You can hot the rounds more than once and they will eventually fire.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:34:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a good idea, I should do the same.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 11:51:15 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 12:38:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

How does that work in this rifle?

In the AR, the rear of the follower pushes up on the bolt catch which then captures the returning bolt under spring pressure.
The mag itself doesn't block the bolt.
Is there a bolt catch or some other mechanism that impedes the bolt travel?
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 1:24:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

In the AR, the rear of the follower pushes up on the bolt catch which then captures the returning bolt under spring pressure.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not sure what he’s talking about but the bolt closes easily on an empty magazine, not that it really matters anyway.  
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#33]
My 300 Ranch  is cut to 9”  and I use it almost exclusively with subs.  With a Nomad L it’s almost 22lr suppressed quiet.  There’s just a bit more of a pneumatic sounding thump.
I’m using Berry’s plated 220’s and found that they don’t work too well in standard ar pattern mags. The ogive is a bit fat up front so the rounds don’t stack right. Lancer or Magpul dedicated 300 mags solved that issue.  Other, sleeker bullets work fine in GI mags.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#34]
I haven’t seen any issues with RUGER muzzle threading & concentricity across a half dozen samples including semi-auto rifle, bolt action centerfire, and rimfire pistols and rifles.  Anybody can make a lemon so checking by bore sighting or gauge rod is probably a good idea.

ETA: my blackout ranch rifle bolt gun is first generation. Never had issues with light primer strikes but my loads use CCI-400 or WSR primers. Never had any issues with magazine feeding. Bolt took a little use to smooth out.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 2:46:01 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Mine has been a lot of fun. I'm probably going to get another can like a Nomad LT or Magnus as the AEM5-30 is an absolute pig.

https://i.imgur.com/VJcoxGN.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/5RjiRL1.jpg
View Quote

Outrider, is that a MDT Chassis?
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Outrider, is that a MDT Chassis?
View Quote

Indian Creek
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#37]
Ive run 3 different cans on mine, no issues and hella quiet with subs. One of my favorite inexpensive guns.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 5:26:45 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
My 300 Ranch  is cut to 9”  and I use it almost exclusively with subs.  With a Nomad L it’s almost 22lr suppressed quiet.  There’s just a bit more of a pneumatic sounding thump.
I’m using Berry’s plated 220’s and found that they don’t work too well in standard ar pattern mags. The ogive is a bit fat up front so the rounds don’t stack right. Lancer or Magpul dedicated 300 mags solved that issue.  Other, sleeker bullets work fine in GI mags.
View Quote

Any pics? Is it flush up against the stock?
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 9:07:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had to trim and shape the stock but was able to retain the front sling stud. No pics but if you pm I could send one via txt which you are free to share.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 9:12:28 PM EDT
[#40]
No issues. Stupid quiet with subs. Nomad L on mine w/ Q plan b.
Link Posted: 12/11/2022 10:16:20 PM EDT
[#41]
I was looking for a Ruger Ranch in 300blk, but found a Savage Axis 2 at Academy this week for $399. Mounted up a spare Diamondback 1.75-5x32 I had laying around. I just finished up loading some 208 Amaxs to chronograph. Now if my stamp for my Nomad 30 would get approved I'd be set.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 9:55:19 AM EDT
[#42]
My setup is a DA Nomad direct thread with a PA 1-6.

Loading 220 Berry's. I have found it has a very tight neck in the chamber. Some cut down .223 wont let the bolt close. So watch case wall thickness.

A Dremel sanding drum taken to the follower fixed the bolt hold back issue.
Link Posted: 12/15/2022 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#43]
I run a Nomad TI direct thread on my Ruger Ranch 300 BLK.  It is ridiculously quiet.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 3:38:45 PM EDT
[#44]
shooting subs in the ranch with a specwar attached caused the bolt to become sluggish with deposits, so I have to clean the action more often.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 4:14:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Since I pressed out 1K .300 subs a few years ago, thought I would try pairing my Specwar 300 with a RAR in .300. Did not go well. Was my initial lesson in NEVER EVER suppress a new rifle/ammo before testing it unsuppressed. Got a minor baffle strike and the gun just would not shoot that ammo straight. Sold the RAR.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 4:24:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I was looking for a Ruger Ranch in 300blk, but found a Savage Axis 2 at Academy this week for $399. Mounted up a spare Diamondback 1.75-5x32 I had laying around. I just finished up loading some 208 Amaxs to chronograph. Now if my stamp for my Nomad 30 would get approved I'd be set.
View Quote

@bad_bowtie I was just looking at one of these. Please post results when you run it through the paces.
Link Posted: 12/16/2022 10:01:34 PM EDT
[#47]
I am late to the party, but I use mine with a Nomad 30 and it is awesome.

Supers are quieter, subs make everyone giggle.

Took a deer with it this year suppressed. Right through the heart.

In fact, it is still wearing the nomad.
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 1:47:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Also late to this party.

I love mine.  Set it up with a micro brake so I can run both my Sandmans plus the Wolfman and YHM cans with the Keymo adapters. The Wolfman wiped endcap makes 300blk subs ridiculous quiet.

I've about given up on Magpul ever releasing the STANAG version of the Hunter for these.  I love the one on my 308 American (in the background)  and wanted to set it up the same on my 300blk.  Seems like its been "coming soon" forever.

Link Posted: 12/17/2022 2:09:54 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Also late to this party.

I love mine.  Set it up with a micro brake so I can run both my Sandmans plus the Wolfman and YHM cans with the Keymo adapters. The Wolfman wiped endcap makes 300blk subs ridiculous quiet.
https://i.imgur.com/g5EABLfl.jpg

I've about given up on Magpul ever releasing the STANAG version of the Hunter for these.  I love the one on my 308 American (in the background)  and wanted to set it up the same on my 300blk.  Seems like its been "coming soon" forever.

View Quote

How much do the wipes affect your accuracy/precision?
Link Posted: 12/17/2022 3:11:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Got the youth stock from ruger. Makes a huge difference. My daughter can shoulder this much, much better.

I'm so pumped to get in the woods now!

Attachment Attached File

Complete setup:

Attachment Attached File

Just had this fellow pop up this morning too! Would be a hell of a first deer for an 8yr old.

Attachment Attached File
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Top Top