Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/27/2012 1:47:47 PM EDT
Ok the holidays are over, its now time to get back into the basement for a long winter of reloading.  

Im looking for bench design ideas.  Currently i have a nice small setup but I'm thinking of expanding.  

Lets see those reloading benches out there for inspiration!

Searched the reloading forum and others for reloading bench posts and could not find any.  

Anyone have any ideas on where to look?
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:27:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Look around the pages a little bit and there's a big thread about reloading benches.  It's full of some great stuff. Good luck.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 2:41:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Think its on page 8
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:26:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Here is my small laundry room workspace. Notice where Redding powder measure and scales are mounted

Here is my future 2014 Chevrolet used to hawl all equipment to the range.

Link Posted: 12/27/2012 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I think there was a guy in American Rifleman magazine, that had several single stage presses, and made a hexagon or octagon shaped table to mount each station.
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:28:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 12/27/2012 6:44:42 PM EDT
[#7]
OP if you IM me a good email address ill email you some .pdf plans of a nice bench that doesn't take advanced woodworking skills or tools to make.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:39:02 PM EDT
[#8]
I roughly followed these plans for my bench.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 6:36:07 PM EDT
[#9]
I've no plans, I just get an idea and build.

Main bench, simple, compact area. The presses are mounted on a platform. There are other presses and accessories that mount to the platform as you can tell by the holes. This way I can just unbolt four holding bolts and reconfigure without having a bunch of holes in the bench top.

" target="_blank">

The left side of the bench with it's cabinets. Outside more reloading tools, dummies, snap caps. Inside has some factories for the range, some ammo is run of the mill for kiddies to learn with, some good ones for moi. There's also shells, powder, black powder stuff. The top has a lid that lifts open on heavy hinges. The lid and base are 1" plywood with 2X4 walls for primer storage.

" target="_blank">

But if I need to I can expand the bench with it's extension. Just a bolt with a wing nut through a metal plate and screw on its leg.

" target="_blank">

Or if I really need to, I can wheel it's other half over (my work bench) and join them into one.

" target="_blank">

Just EDTA;

If it's a heap and bench thread, heres mine. It doesn't lug any equipment but my old butt and whatever firearms I'm using that day

" target="_blank">
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top