Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor
7/1/2021 1:52:59 AM EDT
I saw a few posts on Instagram of shipments in bound for retail, both full power and civilian. Who is thinking of taking the plunge?
7/1/2021 7:18:40 AM EDT
[#1]
If the eye safe illuminator is anything like the one on the on their class 1 raptar they can keep it.
7/1/2021 7:33:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks like existing orders are being upgraded so I should have one shortly. I'm already at 19+ weeks into the lead time and I've heard similar time frames for warranty claims. That alone would make the eye-safe version a hard pill to swallow. I had to use B.E. Meyers' warranty several years ago and they had me squared away in about two weeks if memory serves.
7/1/2021 8:11:20 AM EDT
[#3]
What's changed since the original raid-x?
7/1/2021 9:44:58 AM EDT
[#4]
There is also some debate about the true difference between the RAIDX and the RAIDXe which is soon to come out. I'm on the list but if there is "negative" feedback on these pricey items - I'm out!  
7/1/2021 9:46:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Looks like a bunch of added network mumbo jumbo, shot counter, thermometer, wifi stuff
7/1/2021 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Does anyone have the inside scoop? According to Wilcox's website, these are intended for "assault and crew served weapons". Is this true?
7/1/2021 1:48:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Quote History
Quoted:
Does anyone have the inside scoop? According to Wilcox's website, these are intended for "assault and crew served weapons". Is this true?
View Quote


What exactly is it that you want to know?

Wilcox announced some time back that they were shifting from the original RAID-X configuration to an Xe variant, which institutes some production, materials, electronics/programming/networking changes, but no expected changes to downrange performance or ergonomics, mostly just production changes and adding yet more features onto the RAID-X's feature-set.

Wilcox paused deliveries and in some cases even orders for the RAID-X pending the production changes to the Xe variant, all the announcement is saying is that RAID orders will once again be shipping in the Xe variant, IIRC with the black housing / Red VIS aiming laser first. However, they are still Class IIIB lasers, and still restricted to government sales at this time.

Beyond that, the RAID / RAID-X / RAID-Xe is a Class IIIB MFAL that was originally designed to the same requirements as the L3Harris NGAL and B. E. Meyers MAWL-DA, that is to say, an improved product replacement for the legacy LA-5/PEQ ATPIAL.

There is, as has been alluded to, an ES ("Eye Safe") version of the RAID-Xe forthcoming, but shareable details other than "it's coming" are sparse at this time.

~Augee
7/1/2021 2:19:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Quote History
Quoted:
If the eye safe illuminator is anything like the one on the on their class 1 raptar they can keep it.
View Quote

I have a class 1 RAPTAR. The illumination is… lacking.
7/1/2021 2:54:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quote History
Quoted:

I have a class 1 RAPTAR. The illumination is… lacking.
View Quote


That and the delay between hitting the fire button and actually firing.  Mine now sits on a .22 AR.

If the c1 Raid's illuminator is more like the one on the c1 MAWL then I'd be interested.
7/1/2021 3:22:25 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm extremely curious to see how it stacks up to the MAWL which is the cream of the crop for civ. lasers.
7/1/2021 3:55:37 PM EDT
[#11]
It is half the weight and has more features. It would have to be a lot better than the C1+ for me to be interested in paying $3500+ for it.
7/1/2021 4:03:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quote History
Quoted:


What exactly is it that you want to know?

Wilcox announced some time back that they were shifting from the original RAID-X configuration to an Xe variant, which institutes some production, materials, electronics/programming/networking changes, but no expected changes to downrange performance or ergonomics, mostly just production changes and adding yet more features onto the RAID-X's feature-set.

Wilcox paused deliveries and in some cases even orders for the RAID-X pending the production changes to the Xe variant, all the announcement is saying is that RAID orders will once again be shipping in the Xe variant, IIRC with the black housing / Red VIS aiming laser first. However, they are still Class IIIB lasers, and still restricted to government sales at this time.

Beyond that, the RAID / RAID-X / RAID-Xe is a Class IIIB MFAL that was originally designed to the same requirements as the L3Harris NGAL and B. E. Meyers MAWL-DA, that is to say, an improved product replacement for the legacy LA-5/PEQ ATPIAL.

There is, as has been alluded to, an ES ("Eye Safe") version of the RAID-Xe forthcoming, but shareable details other than "it's coming" are sparse at this time.

~Augee
View Quote


Just looking at the Wilcox site and the body appeared to have been changed from the old body? Not sure if I was looking at the same thing.
7/1/2021 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Quote History
Quoted:
It is half the weight and has more features. It would have to be a lot better than the C1+ for me to be interested in paying $3500+ for it.
View Quote

Would I pay $700 extra dollars to remove 5 ounces? Probably.
7/1/2021 4:35:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quote History
Quoted:
Just looking at the Wilcox site and the body appeared to have been changed from the old body? Not sure if I was looking at the same thing.
View Quote


Yes, the body is different on the Xe, but the controls/ergonomics are identical.

~Augee
7/1/2021 8:46:04 PM EDT
[#15]
I don't have the funds to get one at the moment, but interested to see how everyone likes them. MAWL-C is amazing, but the size and shape is kind of awkward.
7/2/2021 9:18:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quote History
Quoted:
I don't have the funds to get one at the moment, but interested to see how everyone likes them. MAWL-C is amazing, but the size and shape is kind of awkward.
View Quote


I'm in the same boat, I'm currently running a FP Peq 15 but was saving my coin for a MAWL. I like the top rail mount vs/offset of the MAWL and think if this is similar in performance it may be just what I'm looking for.
7/2/2021 10:02:58 AM EDT
[#17]
Believe it or not, the MAWL has one of the most ergonomic setups I own, and has more features than a DBAL. When I first used it under NV I was blown away at both the range (3 Settings Thumb Ready) and the Brightness! We all have our own opinions of "Best" but for a Commercial Item, this one takes the trophy!  
7/2/2021 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quote History
Quoted:
Believe it or not, the MAWL has one of the most ergonomic setups I own, and has more features than a DBAL. When I first used it under NV I was blown away at both the range (3 Settings Thumb Ready) and the Brightness! We all have our own opinions of "Best" but for a Commercial Item, this one takes the trophy!  
View Quote


Agree completely.  I’ve tried them all.  MAWL is the apex predator in performance AND ergonomics.
7/2/2021 11:53:14 AM EDT
[#19]
I want the MAWL controls on a raid form factor. Top buttons, side toggle.
7/2/2021 12:14:45 PM EDT
[#20]
The MAWL is great for strong side shooting, but when you transition to support side, the ergo becomes a hinderence.
7/2/2021 4:29:26 PM EDT
[#21]
Quote History
Quoted:


That and the delay between hitting the fire button and actually firing.  Mine now sits on a .22 AR.

If the c1 Raid's illuminator is more like the one on the c1 MAWL then I'd be interested.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quote History
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have a class 1 RAPTAR. The illumination is… lacking.


That and the delay between hitting the fire button and actually firing.  Mine now sits on a .22 AR.

If the c1 Raid's illuminator is more like the one on the c1 MAWL then I'd be interested.

The delay doesn’t bother me in the least. Except when I haven’t handled it in a while and I forget there is a delay. Then I just feel dumb.
7/3/2021 9:01:17 AM EDT
[#22]
Quote History
Quoted:
The MAWL is great for strong side shooting, but when you transition to support side, the ergo becomes a hinderence.
View Quote

Agree to an extent. Though I use the buttons on the Unit most often, I do have it connected to a TAPS Switch. That should aid anyone using "Support" side shooting. (Learned long ago its not "Weak" side) ...However, after a few mishaps activating my White Light I took a friend's advice and picked up an IR Head for my Modlite - and he was kind enough to offer me a Surefire with both! THANKS APEC!!
7/3/2021 9:25:03 AM EDT
[#23]
@TNVC_Augee Looking at the Wilcox technical data brief, it appears that they went to a proprietary connector for remote switching. Do you know if that's the case?
7/5/2021 1:17:44 PM EDT
[#24]
I believe so.

Wilcox loves their odd connectors, and the RAID-Xe's got a lot of features that need to be supported, and IIRC it may double as a data port as well, but it has been admittedly a little bit since I have discussed the Xe in detail and the final production configuration. More information will be forthcoming as production units begin circulating.

The (now) "legacy" RAID-X used a standard Crane connector.

~Augee
7/29/2021 7:12:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Was just watching this and remembered this Thread so thought I'd drop it in for kicks. It's on the "Regular" RAID so let's see what the Xe brings and hope we all get one soon!
Kinetic Consulting on The RAID ...Not sure I've heard the word "cool" more times since the 1970s! (Ugh)
7/31/2021 1:57:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quote History
Quoted:
Was just watching this and remembered this Thread so thought I'd drop it in for kicks. It's on the "Regular" RAID so let's see what the Xe brings and hope we all get one soon!
Kinetic Consulting on The RAID ...Not sure I've heard the word "cool" more times since the 1970s! (Ugh)
View Quote

Right off the bat the dude says

“The RAID-X is Wilcox’s 1st attempt at a LAM.”

LOLWHUT
7/31/2021 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Quote History
Quoted:
Right off the bat the dude says
“The RAID-X is Wilcox’s 1st attempt at a LAM.”
LOLWHUT
View Quote

After I posted that and went back to watch it for a 2nd time I almost went back and removed it. It was THAT irritating! lol. Out of curiosity, what was the very first Wilcox made? Mk23? Nightstalker? I'm anxious to see which Models will come out soon. Was told September timeframe. I can't seem to find a comparison between the regular X and the Xe. Anyone able to post a link for this?
BTW- had to look that one up!  
Attached File
7/31/2021 3:55:09 PM EDT
[#28]
I liked his general observations about the RaidX, but that really made me double take.

The RAPTAR is fairly well known, especially the versions designed for ranging. The BOSS 300 and BOSSE should be very well known to people who teach CQB. Those are the recent generation of Wilcox LAMs. There were several before that including the Nightstalker.
8/30/2021 2:10:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Anyone notice the new Raid Xe, full power, caps out at 30 mW? This is more less than half of the OG X. Any idea why?
9/10/2021 8:03:35 AM EDT
[#30]
Any news on the Raid Xe?

I see that VCSEL technology is mentioned in regards to it.

Does that mean the C1 illuminator will have the same throw as the C1 MAWL?
9/10/2021 8:11:10 AM EDT
[#31]
Quote History
Quoted:
Any news on the Raid Xe?
I see that VCSEL technology is mentioned in regards to it.
Does that mean the C1 illuminator will have the same throw as the C1 MAWL?
View Quote

Per my seller we're looking at mid-end of October. PM me if you wish since I can't answer your tech question.
9/10/2021 10:27:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quote History
Quoted:
Any news on the Raid Xe?

I see that VCSEL technology is mentioned in regards to it.

Does that mean the C1 illuminator will have the same throw as the C1 MAWL?
View Quote


The gen 1 raid,  ngal, and mawl all have VCSEL ir illuminators. Its not a tech proprietary to BE meyers.
9/10/2021 6:04:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quote History
Quoted:


The gen 1 raid,  ngal, and mawl all have VCSEL ir illuminators. Its not a tech proprietary to BE meyers.
View Quote
True, but Wilcox doesn't always make the most sensible decisions. For example, both the eye-safe visible pointer and the eye-safe IR VCSEL illuminator settings on the RAID-X cap out at 0.7 mW.
9/10/2021 7:55:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quote History
Quoted:
True, but Wilcox doesn't always make the most sensible decisions. For example, both the eye-safe visible pointer and the eye-safe IR VCSEL illuminator settings on the RAID-X cap out at 0.7 mW.
View Quote


Just pointing out a fact so if you'er in the market for any of these, dont make vcsel a major factor. I think thats subjective, the IR illum Lo set to spill is more than enough for indoors personally, but of course to each their own.
9/11/2021 9:42:15 PM EDT
[#35]
Quote History
Quoted:

Per my seller we're looking at mid-end of October. PM me if you wish since I can't answer your tech question.
View Quote


My dealer expects to ship in November. Guess we'll see Long ass lead-time either way.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Armory Sponsor