Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/20/2005 4:12:30 PM EDT
I've got a SOCOM 16 and I want to use irons and a M8 scout scope for a little longer ranges. I've looked at the ARMS site, but can any one recommend a setup which would allow me to low mount (as possible, read no raised cheekpiece) a Leupold scout scope and quick release it without much impact on zero? Any setups people have used that work, suggestions etc? I looked at the Badger EBR rings, but I'd need a cheekpiece to see the scope and then lower it to use irons. I want quick, simple and rugged.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 5:41:12 AM EDT
[#1]
If you have a mount.

Warne rings hold zero after repeated removal.

This is the cheapest I've seen.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ctd/product.asp?dept_id=180930&sku=41653&imgid=&mscssid=GV5AQSFLEBER9MTV5RATLD96NMH32B95

JR
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:34:13 AM EDT
[#2]
EAB,
  You may want to take a look at the Leupold QRW Medium rings.  I use them with my Aimpoint.  It sits low enough to use the red dot and can be removed quickly for the iron sights.  They are not very expensive and might meet your needs.  HTH

Ron
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:45:25 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I looked at the Badger EBR rings, but I'd need a cheekpiece to see the scope and then lower it to use irons. I want quick, simple and rugged.

Yeah, you might want to check out the cheekpiece Karsten offers.

I went with a Scope-Eze strap on from Brownells and may use it
on my next build or go with the Karsten type I mentioned above.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top