Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 10/4/2004 1:57:23 AM EST
I inherited this rifle from my Gpa, with a B&L scope. I usually bow hunt, but decided to rifle hunt for deer this year. I got a used Leupold at a fun show, and like the duplex reticle. Also, I like to have iron sight capability, so I got a set of Kwik-Site see through mounts from Natchez. I mounted the scope in my dining room, and couldn't get the crosshairs to match up to the iron sights from sanbags looking at a weathervane.

I took it out and shot it, and with the windage maxed out to the left, I was shooting 1.5" groups 12" to the right of POA. I blamed the used scope, came home and mounted the B&L. Same problem getting iron sights and scope to co-witness. Didn't have time to shoot it. Mounts and mounting holes appear straight, locked down on scope OK. Now I am remounting the Weaver Rail and B&L to shoot tomorrow. Any ideas? Gun is on with iron sights. Thanks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:35:17 AM EST
Order some Burris Signature rings with offset bushings. The offset bushings allow you to correct for improperly drilled receiver holes or poor receiver/barrel alignment.
Top Top