Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/23/2006 7:00:33 AM EDT
For anybody in the know, how long has Pro-Tec been putting that layer of styrafoam between the shell and the squishy padding?  I've been wanting to move up to a helmet with better airflow than my old Classic model, but I just don't trust that styrafoam stuff.  They used to use a very dense closed-cell foam between the shell and the squishy padding.  Anybody know where I might be able to get one with the "old style" padding I described?  MJD
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 10:34:39 PM EDT
[#1]
i got one from a skateboard shop.  almost ten years ago though, use it for ice climbing.
Link Posted: 3/25/2006 11:59:09 AM EDT
[#2]
there used to be a difference in the watersport model and the skate model it sounds like your old version is the water sport model.  The Ace comes in a water sport model I have not looked at  so it might have a different inner.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top