Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2001 3:54:13 AM EDT
I see comps. for post-bans that attach with set screws. Are these really considered permantly attached and therefor legal? What if I build my own and attach this way or does it have to a government approved design?
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 5:26:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Comps. are not an "evil" feature, therefore you may attach it any you see fit on a post ban non threaded barrel. If you have a threaded barrel it must be permanently affixed by means of weld, silver solder and/or blind pin welded over.
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 6:54:20 AM EDT
[#2]
True - unless you are using the comp to bring the barrel up to 16". Then it must be permant,set screws won't do!
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, guys. I wasn't sure about the threaded and non-threaded difference. I have a post-ban Bushmaster 20 in. barrel that just looks like it needs something out there instead of a straight piece of pipe.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top