Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 5/7/2002 7:01:49 AM EDT
Took my Armalite AR out shooting on Sat. and was very disappointed. The weapon jammed on almost every shot. I was unable to get more than three or four rounds through it with out some kind of jam or malfunction.

I experienced everything from failure to extract, failure to feed and twice a live round got stuck up in the slot the charging handle rides in.

The only possible thing I can think of is bad mags. I did have the mags loaded for about the the past 24 months but I posted in the GD forum some time ago and basically everyone said that letting mags set for a long time with ammo in them should not be a problem.

This is only the second time I have fired this particular AR and although it performed much better the first time, I still had one jam where the round rode up into the charging handle slot.

Please any advice would be appreciated. I thought Armalites, ( Eagle Arms actually) were supposed to be pretty high quality weapons.
I'm so frustrated by this that I am seriously considering getting rid of it and buying a Bushy.

Thanks all,
Muz.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 7:19:36 AM EDT
think.
clean and oily
clean and oily
clean and oily

use break free with CLP.
hose the bolt until it drips, sling it clean, assemble and fire 3 rounds.

then good ammo. test with ball Rem Win.
mags. use mill spec.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 10:35:08 AM EDT
Can't help - you haven't told up what magazines you are using (and yes USGI can be left loaded to capacity indefinatly); nor what kind of ammo you were using.

Double feeds (2 live rounds fed) is always a magazine related problem.

Hmm Eagle Arms is made by Armaltie but they don't have chrome lined chambers, and the chambers are cut to minium SAMMI specs (so using full-power 5.56, like Winchester Q3131, can cause extraction problems.

I concure with 308wood make sure the rifle is cleaned and lubricated per the -10 (Operator's Manual) with CLP. You can download the manual from old.ar15.com/books. Try using some Federal American Eagle, its not loaded as hot as the M193 loads and is fairly accurate.
Link Posted: 5/7/2002 5:13:41 PM EDT
Hey Muz,
Glad to see your post, sorry 'bout your luck. I think if you oil it and let it set for a bit dis-assemble, clean, oil and reassemble you should be good to go. Don't know shit bout Eagles... you know what I carry. Hope to see ya at the gun show on sat.

Top Top