Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/22/2006 2:51:30 AM EDT
Maybe you can help out!

I'm looking for a forearm bushing wrench for the Remington 870, where can I get one? I'm not a big fan of using a chisel to take off and put on the forearm bushing.

My local gunshop guy says 'Just Check Brownells' but as we all realize, the Brownells online catalog is an innavigable maze of broken links and misleading search result queries (seriously, the only time I ever find anything on the Brownells page is when Google takes me there).

-- Also --

I'm looking for advise on the best way to mount a set of sights to the beast, so I got to wondering - what are my options vis-a-vis adding scope rails to the receiver? I know that B-Square makes a sort of wraparound scope mount that is held in place by extended receiver pins, but this thing is hell of tacky, and adds unnecessary weight to the already heavy weapon. I'm sure a skilled gunsmith would be able to add a scope rail to the receiver. But what about attaching a rail to the business end of the barrel?

I figure that if one adds a rail to the top of the barrel, then he could easily affix a set of flip-up sights to compliment the optics. Are there any aftermarket options for a barrel-mounted rail?

Speaking of which, how many rounds of double-aught do you think one of those Hakko Tacpoints can take before getting destroy-ed?

Think I can finish a whole eight-shot magazine before it's toast?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:32:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:05:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Badger makes a reciever scope rail for the 870: http://www.badgerordnance.com/productgroup.php?id=rails
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:06:01 AM EDT
[#4]
ikor, why are you so sure of the longevity of that scope. I know it's not an aimpoint...but come on 200 rnds?

I've heard people say the same thing about the sight I have. It hass ove 500 rnds through it with not even a real loss of zero.

...and besides that scope comes with a lifetime warranty. If it breaks, send it back.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 10:07:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Pri makes a rail:

PRI Rail

They also make an interesting "no drill" option, with sidesaddle:

Rail with shell holder
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 12:02:56 PM EDT
[#7]
Mr. Moderator:

"I was also being a bit smart-assed."

I understand where your comin' from have
These are both true stories. As I always say...that's what the warrenty's for.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 1:51:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:01:27 PM EDT
[#9]
I'm old fashioned, I mostly use the Brownell's Catalog.  Although they have one of the more difficult  websites to navigate, their catalogs are the best.  You can call them and have one sent to you.  I will not be held responsible for the mass amounts of spending that may follow.

Besides the B-Square, Aimtech and Da-Mar make a shotgun scope mount for the 870.  The Aimtech replaces your trigger group pins with bolts to mount the scope.  The Da-Mar needs the receiver drilled and tapped.  The Da-Mar looks like the lighter of the two.

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=62&title=SHOTGUN+SCOPE+MOUNT

www.brownells.com/aspx/ns/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=7632&title=SHOTGUN+SCOPE+MOUNT

If you are thinking about going to a rifled barrel or one with rifle sights, then check out:

www.brownells.com/aspx/NS/store/ProductDetail.aspx?p=10968&title=SHOTGUN+BARREL

I have Scattergun ghost ring sights on my SG.  I don't have to worry about them "going out".   I refer back to my old-fashioned comment.  Of course, I only use it for tactical purposes.  I do however, use it to kill varmits around my property.  That's not hunting, it's just killing.  If your gun has the front bead sight,--as you probably know--it has to be removed before any sight is added to it.  The easiest way around that is buy a new barrel with rifle sights already on it. They won't be visible, though, if you mount an optic to your gun.  I'm not aware of any flip up sights for a shotgun.  
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:16:23 PM EDT
[#10]
Steve, I've been shopping for a forend wrench too (recently bought police stocks, 1 synthetic, and 3 wood!). I've looked at the wrenches on ebay.... about the same prices as Brownells.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:21:54 PM EDT
[#11]
You may noy like the way the B-Square looks but, in my opinion, it is the the best "saddle" mount out there.  My EOTech and Aimpoint both hold zero with it installed and remain that way when I remove th emount and reinstall it.  I like mine and besides drilling and tapping a a rail, is the only way to go.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top