Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/4/2002 2:44:49 PM EDT
I bought a CETME a couple of weeks ago. Century Arms. It shoots pretty good. The wood needs some work, but it's a pretty decent gun for the money.

Here's the problem. I took it apart for the first time last night. When I put it back together and rack the slide back it won't go forward on it's own. I have to "shake" it forward for the bolt to close.

It seems like something is...dragging?...inside.
I've taken it back apart and put it together 6or 7 times with the same result.

I tried to "feel" where it was catching by pulling the bolt back slowly...can't tell.

Anybody have an idea what I might have done wrong? After messing with a gun for a few hours I can usually figure it out...not this time

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I want to take it shootin' this weekend and can't[>(]
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:00:54 PM EDT
What position are the rollers in? Did you put a little bit of oil on the underside of the carrier? Is the hammer in the way?
Link Posted: 3/4/2002 3:46:53 PM EDT
The rollers are recessed in the bolt head,Yep oiled it a little..Not sure about the hammer.

The first time I tried to put it back together I put the reciever on first but the bolt wouln't go in ...it was hitting the hammer. So I put the bolt in first ,then the reciever, then the stock......

Link Posted: 3/6/2002 8:44:26 PM EDT
My friend has a Cetme. Well now it's a G3 'cause he's a moron. When he gets the scope, it'll be a PSG1.

Despite the moronics, it has been a decent gun. Putting up with him never cleaning it or putting anything besides surplus crap through it.

Anywho, I'm the only one who ever cleans it, and I found that if the recoil rod gets bend at all, the bolt will hang up.

Didja check under the bayonet cap for the cleaning kit yet?
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:33:40 AM EDT
try a few things as you need to figure out and isolate what is causing it.
what I would so and since its not in front of me is this.
first did you get all that grit out of the cocking tube area that all of the century's came with if not spray and clean that grit out very good.
now with out the bolt in or anything else does the cocking handle slide back freely as it should be very smooth and if its not them work on it till its not hanging any more and if its works with out hanging move on.
now do not put the trigger pack in or put the stock on but just tilt the rifle muzzle down and drop the complete bolt assymbly down into the rifle with the cocking handle in the foward folded closed position before you do this. just let the bolt slide down into the reciever and it should go smoothly and lock right up in the closed position with it free falling and pull the cocking handle back to release the bolt and try it a few times. it should be very smooth and if its not and it hangs up there look to see if the rails are smooth inside of the reciever. cia guns are noted for overspray and grit on the rails as most of them need the rails cleaned out real goodand run you finger along the inside bolt raild to see if there is a burr on it.
if it functions fine after that your problem might be the trigger pack and the bolt could be hanging up on the hammer or the ejector lever. the ejector lever is the item that rides in the slot on the bottom of the bolt face when the bolt goes back . the lever should be fully up into the bolt when it goes back but should not hang up because its spring loaded and moves up into position when bolt is brought back and other than that put a little grease on the part of the hammer the bolt rides accross when it retracts.
hope all this has helped as as long as the bolt rollers are smooth and roll and are not bound up it should work great good luck.
Link Posted: 3/7/2002 4:51:23 AM EDT
try this site for all kinds of CETME info
www.gunboards.com/forums/UltraBoard.cgi?action=Headlines&BID=30
Top Top