Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2002 4:51:06 PM EDT
I'd like to replace my metal STG handguards (man those things heat up fast) and get a set of synthetic ones. I know Tapco has the synthetic STG guards, but I think I'm just going to go with the L1A1 style ones instead.

Are the DSA handguards worth the few extra bucks, or is there a good place to get some decent quality ones a bit cheaper.

I'm generaly of the opinion that you get what you pay for, but was wondering if anybody had any other opinions.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:00:17 AM EDT
[#1]
When I purchased my SA-58 I bought the poly handguards and scope mount to go with it. Don't know about TAPCO's but my handguards are awesome. Always worth a few extra bucks to get what you really want in my not so humble opinion.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:02:41 AM EDT
[#2]
All I can say is my experience with DSA has been great.  Their quality is second to none.  I did see another option from Mac's Shootin Iron Restoration that you might want to check out.  I have no idea on costs.
Link Posted: 2/15/2002 8:24:16 AM EDT
[#3]
Gerald at Penguin is well thought of at the FALFILES.  I've never seen any of his stuff other than pictures, but it appears both well made and reasonably priced.

http://www.humpbackstock.bigstep.com/  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top