Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/20/2006 4:36:10 PM EDT
I just got my paperwork together and I will be ordering my first M1 soon. I am looking for a true, correct piece, possibly something collectable. I may or may not fire it.

Currently, they have H&R, Correct Grade, in stock for $900(R005GK-HRA*). Is this a reasonable price?

www.odcmp.com/Services/Rifles/m1garand.htm

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 6:47:56 PM EDT
[#1]
yes.  the day they stop selling garands, they double in price.  
Link Posted: 2/20/2006 8:15:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
yes.  the day they stop selling garands, they double in price.  

Double?
I'll bet they triple.
I can go to the local gun show and find CMP Garands that were more than likely Field Grade and they are going for $800 and up.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 10:19:42 AM EDT
[#3]
My Winnie FG shipped today.  Serial #1292XXX.  Can't wait for tomorrow.

(This means, yes, order the H&R ASAP!!)
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 11:23:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
My Winnie FG shipped today.  Serial #1292XXX.  Can't wait for tomorrow.

(This means, yes, order the H&R ASAP!!)

Hope you get a better one than I got. Finish was well worn and stock was junk. TE was a 4.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:17:26 PM EDT
[#5]
 I'm driving down to the CMP North store Saturday morning..  I'm going to buy something, I Don't know what it is yet but I'm hopeing it'll be nice .
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 1:28:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Like some other members have mentioned, get the nicest one you can. I just bought a field grade because it's all I could afford, but a field grade is better than none.

I placed my order like 12 days ago, it's been confirmed that they've received and signed for it, but I called today and they don't have it in their computer yet. Is it normal to take this long?

I know they're busy, just curious as to how long I should expect before my order gets processed, etc. Thanks.
Link Posted: 2/21/2006 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#7]
I went to a gun show over the weekend, the only reasonably priced M1 I saw for sale was on one guys back..for $600. Most I saw were field grades, going for around $7-800  Most it appeared, stayed on the tables too, The day the CMP runs out of M1 you can bet these gunshow con artists will be doing a brisk business....Buy them while you can, The days of the CMP selling M1's won't last forever.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top