Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/4/2003 4:43:45 PM EDT

What does everyone think about modular tactical kit?  I'm looking at putting some gear together for tactical matches and such, and it looks like the modular systems, besides being pricey, would be a great way to customize my gear for whatever event I'm shooting.

On the flipside, isn't the modular stuff more "floppy?"  I mean, with all the pouches not being sewn down, don't they flop around a bit more, and potentially put more stress on the attachment points?

Related to this, what do you guys think about the Wilderness belts with the plastic inserts?  I've got a Wilderness that I love for general use, but it's not stiff enough for hanging lots of gear from.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 7/5/2003 7:30:31 PM EDT
[#1]
They dont flop around using the proper pals webbing or malice clips and if they are installed right, woven in each layer they do not move one bit, I run a BHI strike command chest rig and its a good piece of kit, I use it for LE applications and carbine training classes I teach.
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 12:32:54 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/6/2003 12:40:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/7/2003 3:59:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Ok, ok, I'm convinced! :)

Sinistral, I saw a photo of your setup in another post.  That's a sweet looking rig!  Is that a US Tactical thigh plate, or a SO Tech?  How do you like the FLC vest?  I was thinking of going with the FLC or the US Tactical vest rather than the Blackhawk Omega modular.

Now I just have to figure out what color!
Link Posted: 7/8/2003 10:58:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 7/12/2003 9:44:37 AM EDT
[#6]

Oops!  Sorry, the vest was the Tactical Tailor modular vest.  US Tactical Supply was the distributor, but the price is the same.

I wonder if you could get some thin padding at a fabric store or someplace, and have a seamstress cover it with tactical nylon and sew it under your shoulder straps?  Could be a fix--and if you used foam that wasn't too bulky, you could still throw a ruck over it.

All that gear looks expensive though!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top