Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 1/8/2006 8:25:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/8/2006 11:44:47 PM EDT by GhostRing]
Now, I like gearing up with enough junk to take over a small country as much as the next guy, but...

I've been eyeing a PALS/MOLLE style belt like TT or DBT and was wondering if anyone else runs
one on those "lighter days" when the chest rig is just too much.

Figuring 3-4 rifle mags, 2-3 pistol, holster, dump, & small GP.

Mostly range use or when day pack would interfere with a chest rig.
Just click on and go...not deal with threading stuff onto the rigger belt.
(also trying to avoid thigh straps and braces)

I am aware of it's 1st line role, I'm just looking for something to don quickly
for more casual shooting purposes.
any thoughts, reviews, opinions?
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 3:55:21 AM EDT
I've been playing around with the T modular belt and I think I'll be sticking with it. I shifted the non-weapon related items from the chest rig to the belt so I can use the belt by itself on day hikes, the chest rig by itself for use in classes or both at the same time as needed.

About sizing: I have a 36" waist and bought the size medium belt only to find that the padded and webbed (aka usable) section of the belt was barely more than half of my waist with the rest being regualr nylon webbing that adjusts at the buckle. Down to a 34 or maybe even a 32 inch waist I'd say the large is the way to go.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:03:32 AM EDT
I like the looks of the new padded modular belt from Tactical Assault Gear. It's not in their catalog yet, but there's a recent post about it on LightFighter's forum: TAG padded belt/First line gear. For the same length belt, it looks like the TAG belt has more PALS than the TT one.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:29:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/9/2006 9:31:00 AM EDT by SJSAMPLE]
I keep a fully loaded LBE in the gear locker, but I've mostly skipped the "Second Line" setup in favor of a pistol belt. On mine:

Uncle Mikes pistol belt - black (thinking about a new OD belt).
2 x 2-mag Bianchi pistol pouches (4 mags total). Same as GI but in black (replaceing with HSGI pouches so I can fit Glock mags)
1 x Gerber multi-tool
1 x Gerber folding knife
1 x flashlight (SureFire G2)
1 x Eagle 2-mag AR pouch in OD (leg pouch, SAS style)
1 x Blackhawk Mark VI Airborne holster in OD.

I can easily ditch the AR mag pouch if I want to use the LBE.

Many MOLLE manufacturers make it possible to use a 2" duty belt with their pouches.
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 9:38:08 AM EDT
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 12:44:36 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/10/2006 12:45:09 AM EDT by SUPERSPORT]
Save some money, get a MOLLE 2 belt off eBay for $5 to $10.
Top Top