Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/6/2002 10:06:44 AM EDT
This last few weekends I've been getting light strikes out of my Glock 30 useing PMC ammo I got at the range.
My 1911 works fine with them but the strike mark is noticably larger.
Should the strike marks look simular because these don't?
This is the first time my Glock failed on me.
The first weekend it failed 3 times and yesturday it failed 7 times.
That's at least 10 out of 150 or so rounds that it failed.
The failed rounds look like they were hit good and even dented the primer.
I switched to Speer ammo for a mag and it seemed to work fine.
I took apart the Glock and it seemed to look Ok,but I may not really know what OK looks like.
This ammo came out of the same lot.
Have any of you had problems with PMC ammo?
Thanks.
Andy
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 10:30:06 AM EDT
[#1]
are the primers on the PMC flush with the case?

and you're sure they are not reloads? (just checking)

Check the speer spent cases, are the primer dents pretty much uniform?

Never had a problem with any factory ammo yet...well not commercial,..some military 5.56, but it was very rare.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd go to glockmeister or some other glock parts dealer and buy an increased power striker spring. I now have it in all my guns after a bad experience with WINCLEAN. It does increase the trigger pull weight a tad, but then again I have 3.5# connectors in all my Glocks so it's still a bit under factory weight.
Link Posted: 1/6/2002 12:28:38 PM EDT
[#3]
he primer indentation will look different for Glock fired cases.  Properly struck, they will look like a pointed rectangle (point towards case) hit them.  Did you break down the slide?  I would break the slide down, blow out with carb cleaner, and reassemble.  Glock says not to lubricate the slide internally, but I usually put a coat of Sheath anti-corrosive on my internals - almost powder dry when it dries.

Good luck.

Tate
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top