Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/29/2002 3:14:42 PM EDT
Just saw a pic of a KAC RAS. Awsome looking setup! Now I have a plane old generic pre-ban bushy. Could I buy one of these and use my lower? I don't have a flat top, but would like to have one. This looks like a really nice setup.
Link Posted: 5/29/2002 3:45:56 PM EDT
[#1]
The KAC RAS is just a Rail system that replaces your handguards.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:20:34 AM EDT
[#2]
nah, it's not going to work since both my post and pre-ban bushys have welded on flash hiders. It needs to come off to change out to the RAS. I'd need a Colt upper, either pre or post ban to put on my pre-ban bushy lower. Oh well.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 7:57:11 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
nah, it's not going to work since both my post and pre-ban bushys have welded on flash hiders. It needs to come off to change out to the RAS. I'd need a Colt upper, either pre or post ban to put on my pre-ban bushy lower. Oh well.

The newer Free floating RAS need the front sight off.  The older RAS and RIS change out like the regular Polymer handguards,
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:08:00 AM EDT
[#4]
If anyone has a pic of these older ones on their AR I'd really like to see it! Thanks Vinnie
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:55:43 AM EDT
[#5]
az,
you might check with Wes Grant about the fitting of your KAC rail system.
He's usually advertising something for sale on the Exchange forum.  (I don't have his web site nor email handy or I would provide.)
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 8:59:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks 5subslr5, I looked but didn't see anything. All I really wanted was the ability to put a forhand grip on. I'm gettinf one of the $20 units from Bushmaster and I'll see how I like the Thompson style grip, I have long arms so it may be ok. If not I'll just have to get myself a flat top one of these days.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:01:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Borrowed from www.Sableco.net

Rail Adapter Systems (RAS) for AR-15 and CAR-15 Rifles.

The RAS consists of four parallel Military Standard M1913 rails.  One each above, below, and along the sides of the barrel.  They allow the user to mount a variety of useful accessories such as reflex sights, lasers, forward pistol grips, flashlights, bipods, etc.

#98064 M4 RAS Forend.  Fits Carbines with M-4 and Hbar 16" barrels with standard Carbine length handguards.  Comes with three 11-Rib Panels.  $275.00
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:09:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Thanks 5subslr5, I looked but didn't see anything. All I really wanted was the ability to put a forhand grip on. I'm gettinf one of the $20 units from Bushmaster and I'll see how I like the Thompson style grip, I have long arms so it may be ok. If not I'll just have to get myself a flat top one of these days.

Oh, why didn't you say so.  Here's a much cheaper alternative.  The Fobus handguards:

These are from Elite Firearms in Ky.  He has an ad in the Equipment Exchange in the parts section:www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=110301

They are only 60 bucks (plus shipping).  They are M4 sized handguards that have upper and lower rails and covers on the rails.  They are polymer like your handguards now, so they slip on and off as "easy" as your handguards do now.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 9:27:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks Vinnie, you da man! If I don't like the bushy handguard I'll go this way.
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#10]
Since you asked here is my M4gery with a RAS mounted on the front.

Wes Grant (MSTN) has a website at www.mstn.biz
Link Posted: 5/30/2002 10:37:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Wes, your making my wallet burn! That flat top would look real nice on my lower!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top