Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/5/2001 5:12:14 PM EDT
For those who have used them, what do the numbers on the top of a flattop receiver mean? How do they work? I just got a Mil contract overrun (I think thats what it is) that has these.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 5:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
They are for reference...

If you have the need to alternate optics on your M4 (ACOG to Reflex, to night vision scope, etc), the numbers allow you to replace the sights to the same indexed cross slot for "zero" retention.

havoc
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:24:09 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
For those who have used them, what do the numbers on the top of a flattop receiver mean? How do they work? I just got a Mil contract overrun (I think thats what it is) that has these.

Ahhh.....so do the actual number mean anything?

BTW, Dont you live in/near Nashville?
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 8:28:36 PM EDT
[#3]
depends on the number,one is a contractor cpde(who made it),  one may be a part number and if there is a 13 digit number it is a NSN( national stock number).  Go to the Fedlog on your DoD computer and use it to order a hunderd more.
Link Posted: 11/5/2001 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Ahhh.....so do the actual number mean anything?

BTW, Dont you live in/near Nashville?

The "T" stands for TOP, and the numbers correspond to the cross slot... 3 for the third one, 5 for the fifth one, etc. If you have an RAS on your rifle, it will have the same numbering system... With "R" for RIGHT, "B" for BOTTOM, etc, with a corresponding numberes slot.

...Yes, I do live in Nashville.

havoc
Link Posted: 11/6/2001 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
...Yes, I do live in Nashville.

havoc

Cool, I live in Donelson. Where do you go to shoot rifles?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top