Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/27/2004 7:55:43 PM EST
I got some surplus .30/06 ammo last week. At the time I bought it, I completely forgot to ask if it was corrosive or not. I was hoping you guys could help me figure out if it is or is not corrosive. Here is what the ammo has on it: Headstamp has a "67" on the bottom, "F" in the upper left, and a "N" on the upper right. I held a magnet to the bullet and it didn't stick, so it's not steel core. Other than that, I don't know anything about the ammo other than it is indeed .30/06. Any help is much appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 8:48:33 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/27/2004 8:50:26 PM EST by Maddogkiller]
It is Fabrique Nationale' (belgian)manufacture and is non corrosive. It should be boxer primed. With any ammo that you are unsure of, assume that it is corrosive and clean your firearm accordingly.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:07:30 PM EST
Haha, when I saw the F and the N all I thought was "Fabrique Nationale" but didn't actually think it was. Thanks a lot for the fast assistance bro.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:43:42 AM EST
Pull a bullet from a case & fire the primer only while holding the barrel close to a piece of steel. Set it aside for a few days then check the steel for corrosion.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 11:57:13 AM EST
When unsure, always fail on the safe siide and assume that stuff is corrosive. It would be terrible to ruin a nice gun.
Top Top