Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2001 7:26:29 AM EDT
Hey guys.  A friend asked me to post this question for him.

He has Taurus Titanium Series Model 617 .357 revolver.  His question is about the transfer bar safety.  He said that not only does the transfer bar move up and down (which it should), he said that it also moves forward and back.  He said you can hear the transfer bar "rattling around" when you are moving the revolver.  He called Taurus, and all that they could advise was to send the revolver back to them so they could "look at it".  He talke to two local gunsmiths.  One told him it was normal and not to worry about it, the other told him he would have to have a new Transfer bar put in.

He is wondering if this is normal or not.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/18/2001 11:30:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Don't know the answer ,but your friend might want to got to a gun dealer with the same model and look at it and see if it does the same thing.
Link Posted: 12/21/2001 2:18:40 PM EDT
[#2]
I just picked up my new  taurus 454 casull and the transfer  bar moves back and fourth about 1/16 to 1/8 "  and does rattle if you move gun around .As far as that goes so does my 44mag ruger redhawk.So yes this normal.
Link Posted: 12/24/2001 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#3]
I just got a "Tracker" .22 Magnum, and I took it apart to ease up the trigger pull a little, and noticed that the transfer bar is connected to the trigger at its' (the bars') very bottom, and that the area the transfer bar operates in is fairly large, so I guess a little movement is OK. There's not enough room in there for it to move to a point where it woudn't function, so don't worry about it. jcb9901, the "Tracker" series action seems to be almost a direct copy of Rugers' actions in the "GP" series, and "Super Redhawks", so I'm not surprised you have the same thing in both (must be a quirk with that type of action).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top