Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2008 1:33:53 PM EDT
Does anyone have any experience with the H&R Excell Auto? I'm looking at the 22" turkey model. I know it's made by Sarsilmaz. Might be the same as the Verona 405?

I'm open to other suggestions. As long as it's around $400 or less. Mainly for turkey, some HD duty if I have the AR out somewhere. I thought about the 930SPX. It's a little high for my gun budget right now, but I'm sure I could work something out. I'm not sure how the range would be with turkey loads though. I'd like to be able to get out to 50yds.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:06:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I have one and they are very well made for the money. It is a very reliable shotgun and it patterns well and looks nice. They are the same shotguns as the Verona SX405. The Remington 870 tube extension will fit them. It won't screw all the way down though. You will have to remove about 1/16" off of the shotgun mag tube so the extension will screw all the way down. It is easy to do. I also shortened the  tube extension 1/4" so it will be even with the end of the barrel. It holds 8+1, 2.75" and 3" shells. I added a set of Truglo universal ghost ring rib mounted sights.  

Here is a picture of my 22" H&R Excell Auto 5 turkey model.

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/MAX100/HREXCEL-3.jpg

http://i267.photobucket.com/albums/ii299/MAX100/HREXCEL-1.jpg

GC

Link Posted: 4/18/2008 6:29:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Where did the ghost ring come from? I haven't seen one that mounts on the barrel rib like that.

Very nice. I think I'm sold.
Link Posted: 4/18/2008 7:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is a Cabelas link that shows the Truglo universal sight set I used on my gun. I tried to use the front sight that came on the Excell with the Truglo rear but it was to short and the shotgun shot high. I added the Truglo front sight  and now it shoots right on target. I just left the front sight on that came on the gun. I now have two front sights on my gun. In the picture above that is the front sight that came on the shotgun from the factory.

This shotgun has a shell lifter lock/bolt release. You have to press it in to load it. I can load it just as fast as any other shotgun. Anyone came with practice.

Cabelas Link with the Truglo Universal Sight Set,  with a choice of GRS:

GC

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top