Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2006 7:35:29 PM EDT
I just bought a German Mauser K98. I paid a little more for a "rare code". It is a AX41. Here is my question. Is there any source out there (available on the internet) that discusses which codes are more rare, actual numbers of rifles made with certain codes etc? I have tried to google this info- but can't seem to find any. There has to be numbers available somewhere or we wouldn't know which codes are more scarce.

Thanx-
Bill
Link Posted: 1/9/2006 8:27:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 3:50:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Here ya go:

mauser codes
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:04:12 AM EDT
[#3]
That page is a good one for listing all the codes, but I am looking for some type of production numbers. Which codes are more rare than others? Unless I am not seeing it, that link doesn't provide that type of info.

Thanx-
Bill
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 6:12:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/10/2006 10:25:34 AM EDT
[#5]
Someone on the link that medicmandan gave me answered the question. I am posting a link for it here in case anybody else is interested. It lists every single year, every single code, how many were made!

In 1941 there were 7 factories making them. My 41AX is the rarest of all 41 codes with 93,799 made. The most prolific code by far is 44BYF. they put out 1,434,219.

How rare is yours? Check it out!

www.curioandrelicforums.com/showthread.php?t=4867

Bill
Link Posted: 1/11/2006 12:27:35 AM EDT
[#6]
Tag
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top