Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/28/2013 10:52:57 AM EDT
The form 3 for my TiRant 9 was approved last week, and has just gotten to my dealer, so I'm going to go play with it after work today.

I'm going to fill out my Form 4 and then take it out on the range.

Anything I should know as a first time user? I'm going to have to swap out the piston before I shoot, but that's the only thing I know I have to do.

Hit me with some knowledge arfcom.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:54:41 AM EDT
[#1]
Chew some gum on the way there.  That way, your face muscles will be warmed up, making the ear to ear grin a little less painful.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:57:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Chew some gum on the way there.  That way, your face muscles will be warmed up, making the ear to ear grin a little less painful.
View Quote

I'm super pumped about it. Taking the camera and plenty of ammo. Maybe now I can contribute to the suppressed pistols picture thread.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 10:59:03 AM EDT
[#3]
You are going to love it! I got my first two suppressors in a few weeks ago and I have been shooting them more in that time than I did in the past six months. Just make sure it stays tight on the end of the barrel; sometimes they will shoot loose. Bring a towel and check it after every magazine or two. My 5.56 suppressors stayed tight for well over 100 rounds, but I checked it every 20-30 rounds just to makes sure. Enjoy!
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:18:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Anything I should know about changing the TiRant piston? It seems pretty straightforward... but...

I guess I'm just anxious at this point.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:27:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Anything I should know about changing the TiRant piston? It seems pretty straightforward... but...

View Quote

Pretty easy. Great can.

Make sure you have the spacer so you can shoot in on your 9mm AR.

Link Posted: 10/28/2013 11:33:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Pretty easy. Great can.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/akethan/media/010-5_zps12d0a80c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/010-5_zps12d0a80c.jpg</a>
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty easy. Great can.

<a href="http://smg.photobucket.com/user/akethan/media/010-5_zps12d0a80c.jpg.html" target="_blank">http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/010-5_zps12d0a80c.jpg</a>

Going to be using my USPc 9mm exclusively. That is... until I can convince my wife I need to thread additional guns.

I'd like to thread my 10/22 carbine and get the adapter for my P22 Walther.

BTW - how does .22lr suppress in the TiRant 9? It's going to be a while before I can get a dedicated .22lr silencer, but I figured since the TiRant is user serviceable, I could put some .22lr through it.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:07:08 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Going to be using my USPc 9mm exclusively. That is... until I can convince my wife I need to thread additional guns.

BTW - how does .22lr suppress in the TiRant 9? It's going to be a while before I can get a dedicated .22lr silencer, but I figured since the TiRant is user serviceable, I could put some .22lr through it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty easy. Great can.

Better get a dedicated 22lr can.......they get dirty.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 12:41:49 PM EDT
[#8]
I wish you had a box of Fiocchi 158g 9MM. Those are quiet.  Haven't seen any in stock in a long time.
Link Posted: 10/28/2013 1:02:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I wish you had a box of Fiocchi 158g 9MM. Those are quiet.  Haven't seen any in stock in a long time.
View Quote

^^^^ Yeah - what he said!
158gr Fiocchi is the quietest 9mm round I've found.  147gr is nice and quiet, but 158gr is better.

For your first range day with a new can, listen for the "slap" of the bullets bouncing off the backstop.  (assuming and indoor range)  That sound is usually lost to the supersonic "crack" of the round passing ~1,100 fps.
As the shooter most of the noise you'll hear will be the action noise - that doesn't change suppressed or not.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top