Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2006 3:58:09 PM EDT
I finall got a Fal kit and it arrived today.  Got it for $250 with matching #'s from interordnance.  Barrel has "decent" rifling.  But I will be installing a new barrel sometime down the road (read as later this year).
You can tell this rifle has been in some action, or atleast alot of target practice.  I have the 1911 and the AR15 imbedded in my brain from building my own...now it looks like I gotta learn the Fal.  Now the search goes on for a upper receiver!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I got mine from classic arms today for $241 shipped........same as yours but non matching...only one mag....top cover rusted almost completely through!
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:07:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I couldnt believe.....but the auto-sear was actually in the pack of upper receiver parts.  My rifle was $264 and some change shipped.

I am just dyin' to start tearing it all down for a good scrubbing....but I dont have a receiver yet, and I am sure I will need to order some replacement parts (like those dumb-ass required american parts) .  And to think the same idiots that voted on that rule actually are "in charge" of the U.S.  That scares me ALOT!!!

ANyone have any pointers that have bought a similar kit?  Tools required?  Parts you replaced?  Problems you ran into?
Link Posted: 1/4/2006 6:17:47 PM EDT
[#3]
start at the top and go down....everything is covered to death..i'm just starting myself

www.falfiles.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?s=22a1f8cc38702a49931efdb72a561ad1&forumid=15
Link Posted: 1/6/2006 9:25:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I was a total newbee at building an FAL 10 years ago, and didn't have this forum of great people to help. Basically I purchased an Imbel reciever for my STG-58 kit, and had a local gunsmith mount the barrel and headspace the bolt...everything after that i did myself, and it was no problem. He charged me $35 at the time. Been shootin my FAL ever since with nary a bobble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top