Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/9/2002 3:12:31 AM EDT
I know Some of you seen this on FnFal Discussion
boards, but what do you guys think i like to get
one done!!! used a standard ar15 push button.

Link Posted: 2/9/2002 5:33:58 AM EDT
[#1]
drool
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 6:52:14 AM EDT
[#2]
FAL = 308
M16 = 223

How the hell does that work?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Monel: Its a complete conversion, they change the barrel, bolt and add the magazine adapter to make the FAL fire .223 instead of .308.  The only downside is that for the FAL the upper is the regulated part, so you cant swap calibers without rebarreling the receiver, unlike the AR.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 10:53:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Is this cheaper than buying an FN FNC?
Link Posted: 2/9/2002 11:39:29 AM EDT
[#5]
Should be! i just thought it would be an interesting conversion. to have right along
with Ar15/M16 weapon's i know i love the 223 for
carbine version's like this, i would think it would be awsome to have it also compatible using
same MAG's, also OPTICS switch from FN FAL to
AR15 and like, Has of FN FNC i have not seen
readily available one's around here even at Gun
shows, and if they did they would ask and high price for one.

Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:18:35 AM EDT
[#6]
I have both a FAL and an AR-15... performing the conversion you describe would give you the power for a .223 for the weight of a FAL; is that what you want?  Not slamming, just curious
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 7:23:26 AM EDT
[#7]
I saw an FN FNC 3 months ago  and it was priced at $2000.  I would think this would have to be cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:28:32 AM EDT
[#8]
I wouldn't want to carry around all that weight.
Link Posted: 2/10/2002 9:52:20 AM EDT
[#9]
They have the benefit of an adjustable AK style gas system, EXTREMELY reliable rifle that is built like a tank, very easy to maintain. A heavier rifle blows to carry but is a more stable shooting platform. Yes the conversion is MUCH cheaper than an FNC. Go to FNFAL.com and go to the "build it" section of the forums for more info, the guy doing it has also made kits to use AK mags and shoot 7.62x39 as well as others.

BrenLover
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top