Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2009 3:25:38 PM EDT
I'm not real familiar with FAL parts kit but i have a lead on a South African kit with a new IMBEL barrel. What do these go for? Also what parts should I be looking at to make sure all parts have the same numbers? Last question, if I wanted to build this kit back to its original condition what type of lower would I need to purchase and where can I get one?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 4:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
The lower receiver should be included with the kit.

The upper receiver is the regulated item and is usually not included with parts kits.  Look at a "Type 1" upper to be more correct as a Belgian-made South African contract FN FAL.

Look for matching serial numbers on the bolt, bolt carrier and lower receiver.

Sout African kits tend to be a little more "seasoned" than the South American ones.  You will be best served replacing the wooden buttstock with a US made one to comply with 922r regulations anyway.

Check this out for info on SA FALs.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 5:46:02 PM EDT
[#2]
What should I expect to pay for a ''seasoned'' kit?
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 7:15:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
What should I expect to pay for a ''seasoned'' kit?

It will have been shot heavily, but most likely still in the condition to be built into a shooter. SA kits come from rifles that saw some moderate use and some definite abuse at the hands of a spray paint can. Definitely shooter material, but like the G1 kits years back that saw action from the Turks, they are rough.

FAL kits are nit like AK kits, matching serial number mean nothing as they don't affect headspace and most "SA" kits are actually demilled rifles that saw a shit ton of use in Rhodesia meaning they are going to be rough and shooter grade kits.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 5:26:18 AM EDT
[#4]
You should expect to pay in the ball park of $250 for a complete Rhodesian Kit.  If you want to build it correctly, assemble it on a type 1 receiver (primary) or a type 2 (secondary).

Link Posted: 6/16/2009 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
You should expect to pay in the ball park of $250

Yep....$250 to $350 pending barrel condition and completeness of kit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top