Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2002 2:16:29 PM EDT
I recently switched from a 20 inch upper to a M4gery upper, and had some extraction problems. I replaced the extractor, and it improved somewhat. I still get the occasional failure to extract, and have noticed that some of my case heads are damaged. I don't know if this is due to the shortened gas tube on my new 16 incher or what. Do the 20 inch and 16 inch gas systems use a different length of buffer? My physics tells me that a shorter gas tube would equate to a more forceful blow going into the bolt carrier due to the shorter distance the gas has to travel, thus causing the extractor to  beat up on my case heads. Dos this sound right to you guys? I am using the same ammo that always functione flawlessly with my 20 incher(Q3131A and SB). Would a bigger or smaller buffer help to offset this, or do I just need to keep the buffer I have?
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 2:31:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like the same problem my buddy had on his Carbine.... You need a "Heavy" Buffer for your carbine. Look for a buffer that is stamped with an "H" on the center of the strike face. You'll notice a big difference. All my shortys have the "H" buffer in them.
Link Posted: 1/30/2002 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like the same problem my buddy had on his Carbine.... You need a "Heavy" Buffer for your carbine. Look for a buffer that is stamped with an "H" on the center of the strike face. You'll notice a big difference. All my shortys have the "H" buffer in them.

They`re ALL a**holes...Sir...they`re cousins!...........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top