Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2007 8:26:12 PM EDT
I am leaning 9mm for a hog, yote gun.  Any opinions?  Cheaper ammo and higher mag cap are my thoughts.  Pro/con 40 or 45?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/9/2007 8:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got the 9mm. I bought it when I was planning to buy an M9, then I decided I really wanted a 96G, but I already had the 9mm CX4 so I ended up getting the M9 anyways.

I think the .45 caliber CX4 is a great idea, but a poor execution. I just can't see owning a pistol caliber carbine with a single stack magazine.

The .40 vs the 9x19 is really a toss up in my opinion. I prefer the 9x19 simply because of slightly cheaper ammo and an edge in capacity. The availability of the new "sand resistant" 92F magazines is a bonus as well, in my opinion.

Overall I've been very happy with my 9mm Storm carbine and don't hesitate recommending it. The Winchester 127gr +P+ Ranger T loads really scream out of the carbine length barrel. Me and a buddy were taking turns plinking at a stump at ~120 yards with that load and we were both impressed with the accuracy of it.

For your purposes I think it'll be great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top