Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2002 9:10:06 PM EDT
Lemme get this straight.. the class III is where you pay the 200 bucks and do all the ATF stuff right?  So after you do that do you get a license showing that its a Class III firearm or what? Like if you get pulled over on the way to the range do you give them a card or what?
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
You get paperwork for EACH class 3 you own. Thus the Feds get the $$$$ for each gun, not a one shot deal.

As for getting pulled over, what'd you gonna do, scream "I've got full auto in my truck!"????
Link Posted: 7/29/2002 9:55:59 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
As for getting pulled over, what'd you gonna do, scream "I've got full auto in my truck!"????

LOL no,you get a big bumper sticker that says "Full Auto On Board"
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 1:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]

It goes like this...

You pay either $200 or $5.  This is an excise tax.  You will get a form 1/3/4/5 back from BATF sayingyouhave been approved to possess said item.  State laws can affect ownership and many other things.  Know where you are going.  Some states do not allow suppressors.

You should NOT use it as I can carry anything I want when I want and how I want.  Be smart and do not do anything stupid.

If youget pulled over, follow state laws,  SOme require telling most do not.  Say nothing unless you required to.

mark
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top