Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2002 4:11:38 PM EDT
Credit card was hit for my high numbered Springfield 03 I ordered in March. I'll be watching for FedEX. Anyone have one from the CMP? How are they looking?
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 5:28:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Btt
Link Posted: 6/22/2002 6:07:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Consider yourself a lucky man, for me its been 3 months and no hits.  From what i read on the jouster forums you should recieve it within a few weeks.  Go to www.jouster.com and there is a CMP purchasing forum, where an actual employee of the cmp, orest michaels, answers questions
Link Posted: 7/1/2002 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#3]
CC hit 6/8 and still no 03 yet.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 7:15:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Got mine at the end of May, It was a total POS ! Sent it back and they replaced and fixed some of the problems. It now resides in pieces in my 03 parts box RIP ! Hope you get a decent one which seems not to be the norm so far unless you ordered an 03A3 which are in ALOT better shape than other selections.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:02:24 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Got mine at the end of May, It was a total POS ! Sent it back and they replaced and fixed some of the problems. It now resides in pieces in my 03 parts box RIP!

Alright, something to look forward to
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 8:58:00 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm also like three months into the wait without a Springfield...
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'm also like three months into the wait without a Springfield...

Only good news for us is that if you ordered a Rem 03a3 with "S" stock that they wont be running out of them till at least the end of next year.  Orest michaels has stated on the  jouster forum that they will last a few years.
Link Posted: 7/2/2002 9:38:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Well since I'm up and this thread has returned, I'll report on what I have. Fed Ex delivered on 6-27. A high number Springfield 03  ser# 1487462 with what appears to be the original barrel dated 4-35. Steel has about 70% finish over all. Finger groove stock that has no visible catouches but is in good shape and will refinish nicely. Bore is slightly pitted but still serviceable and passes the bullet test. The rifle came caked in cosmoline and wrapped in oil paper. It won't win a beauty contest. This rifle was a little over priced in my opinion but then again I have no idea what 03's are going for these days.
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 5:19:31 AM EDT
[#9]
Got my Remington 03 about a month ago. I was on the lottery list.  Metal excellent.  Stock well used but servicable.

Of the others I'm aware off; Remington A3 in almost new condition.  Another Remington A3 with very good metal and wood.  HN Rock Island with decent metal and "C" stock.  

Its luck of the draw.  My shooting buddies and I have been pleased with our purchases.  We weren't expecting new in the box.  

I may have to buy stock in the Cosmoline Company tho.  
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:09:12 AM EDT
[#10]
When I walked into my gun shop about 3 months ago to buy a gun, I saw a springfield sitting there. Three of them actually. One was $1500, one was $4000, and one was....$300?

Turns it it wasn't a valuable serial number, and that's how he was pricing them. It was a remington made in 1942. Refinished (looks good, but not authentic), with quite a few dings and dents in the stock. And attemtped chemical reblue gives it a slotchy, incosisten finish. The sights were a little dinged up. The barrel was in perfect condition. It shoots very well, and was quite a steal at that price :o)
Link Posted: 7/3/2002 6:23:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Back in March I ordered a HN Springfield S stock and a SG Sprg. Garand.  After the first reports started coming in, I figured that I'd chicken out and cancel my order so I guess I'll never know what I would have gotten.

The fact is that I can more easily live with what may have been a missed gem, but the probablility pointed to a turd in the punchbowl.  I already have a real nice 03A3 from SC, and would rather just keep looking for that 03 keeper out there.  I'll pay more to inspect it.

Having said that, I am aware of some who have received damn near new guns (or so they claim).  But not many.

Saleen
Link Posted: 7/4/2002 11:16:34 PM EDT
[#12]
I ordered in March (lottery letter), received in May.

HN Rock Island w/C stock.  60% finish, fair barrel, stock sound, no cracks. Bent rear sight and no bolt!

Sent back, they put in bolt, but left bent rear sight leaf.

If you read the description of the 03 rifles on the CMP web site, they say many were rebuilt and put in storage,plus look at the pics of 03's in the magazine ads...not this one, she's worn and tired.
Link Posted: 7/5/2002 6:29:13 AM EDT
[#13]
I called last Thursday just to check the status of my order (03A3).  They said all the paperwork and checks were done and it would be about 30 days.  Next day I found out they'd billed by credit card, so it shouldn't be long.  

A guy at a match I went to on the 30th had his 03.  He was on the lottery list and got a beauty.  Wood near perfect, metal looked nice.  

I checked the amount that was billed to my card and figured that I got the rifle that I had requested (C stock Remington).  I also ordered one of the Mossberg M44 .22's.  I'll try to resist waiting at the front window for the FedEx man for a couple more weeks, but I'm really looking forward to getting these rifles.  

Looking at what they had left, I was thinking about ordering one of the 1903's that they have a lot of after the furor dies down, but seeing some of the comments from people that have gotten dogs, I might rethink that.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top