Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/29/2001 6:34:25 AM EDT
I would like to know if anyone uses a Bushnell Holosight, and what do you think of it?
Link Posted: 11/29/2001 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the military version of it, the Eotech sight. I have the Eotech 552 which is NVD compatible and uses 2 AA batteries for up to 500 hours of life when using lithium batteries, 300 with akaline.

I like the sight which is currently on my Bushmaster V-match. I'm probably going to put it on a preban M4, which I'm looking for right now. The reticle is not as bright as say an Aimpoint, but I like the 64 MOA circle and 1 MOA dot combo. When in rapid fire, I can still track the reticle on the target and I feel it's a lot faster for close in shots. The 1 MOA is nice out to 100 yards and from the bench I can get very tight groups of 1-2" if I'm patient.

I'd only get the Eotech though if you want a true CQB sight, nothing more. If you get the 552 version, do the following to mount it if...

1. On an A2 carry handle, make sure you uses an ARMS 38 carry handle mount or Eotech's so it will fit the length of the 552 version.

2. flattop: Use a GG&G extended fire rail or an extended ARMS rail that reaches out to the end of an M4 handguard. You'll find that you'll want to put the sight far forward. For whatever reason, the reticle shows up better when you have the sight farther away.

I hope this helps you. One more thing, don't bother with the Bushnell version. Go for an eotech sight. They can be had for like $300 now, and they're shockproof, water proof to 10 m, etc. blah blah blah

themao
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:02:48 AM EDT
[#2]
themao

Just curious, why do you suggest to stay away from the Bushnell.  Eotech makes them both.  The only differences I can find are the metal hood, battery choices, and programmable shutdown?

What am I missing?

Thanks
Howard
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top