Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/10/2003 9:30:01 AM EDT
Has anyone used Arizona Response Systems to do any work and/or refinishing?  I'm considering have them do some work on an older Sig P220.

Thanks in advance.

w-w
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I had Mark build up and finish a 16in. FAL lightweight carbine from an Imbel kit and receiver. Excellent work, fair prices. I have never seen his pistol work, but I'd use him again with no hesitation. He could probably do a little better with his email communications, but then he is a gunsmith and time on the keyboard is time away from the work. Be sure and track your gun yourself as they will not notify you when it arrives.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 2:13:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I had Mark build up and finish a 16in. FAL lightweight carbine from an Imbel kit and receiver. Excellent work, fair prices. I have never seen his pistol work, but I'd use him again with no hesitation. He could probably do a little better with his email communications, but then he is a gunsmith and time on the keyboard is time away from the work. Be sure and track your gun yourself as they will not notify you when it arrives.

Thanks for the heads up...Did you have any refinishing done on your project?
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#3]
I think he might occasionally be found over at FAL files.  fnfal.com.

If I recall properly, he was doing (is doing?) contract refinishing for HK.

Definitely known as one of the big names in FAL building and refinishing.  

AFARR
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 4:38:00 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Yup, when someone mentions ARS, I think FALs.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 5:51:33 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think he might occasionally be found over at FAL files.  fnfal.com.

If I recall properly, he was doing (is doing?) contract refinishing for HK.

AFARR

He's got a bunch of HK's on his site www.arizonaresponsesystems.com/finish/pagefinish.htm.

I'm going to try him...MAYBE
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#6]
On his webpage he says ARS is the official refinisher for HK-USA.  One trip to the HKPRO boards will tell you how picky the HK people are about their guns, so that's probably a good sign.
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 9:25:01 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm also interested in the 250.oo Sig reliability/dehorning pkg which includes the refinish.  Sounds almost to good to be true.

But it will take 3 months...
Link Posted: 5/10/2003 11:38:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Eventually my P220 is going off to them for refinishing and a stippled front strap.  They do good work from what I hear.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 6:48:46 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Eventually my P220 is going off to them for refinishing and a stippled front strap.  They do good work from what I hear.

Thanks Lumpy,

I do like the black slide on the OD frame...I may do that. Prolly just go all black tho.  What do you know about the Metacol finish?

ww
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:08:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Since I used a DSA alloy lower on my carbine, I had him Metalcol the whole gun black. Looks great, a little slick, but not as bad as the Birdsong finish. Everything matches just fine. Can't tell you how it holds up over time yet, but it seems reasonably resistant to scratching, etc. I'm happy with it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:10:48 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Prolly just go all black tho.  

ww

Yep.

(There's two guys out in Az in the same business that I can never keep straight - one's a jerk and the other a good guy.  Now for the strange PS - both do fine work !!  I believe they were partners at one time.)
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:22:02 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ww

Yep.

(There's two guys out in Az in the same business that I can never keep straight - one's a jerk and the other a good guy.  Now for the strange PS - both do fine work !!  I believe they were partners at one time.)

I believe you are thinking of ARS and Arizona Expert Arms (AZEX Arms). Although, I am not sure of what their shared history is.
Link Posted: 5/11/2003 7:50:46 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

ww

Yep.

I believe you are thinking of ARS and Arizona Expert Arms (AZEX Arms). Although, I am not sure of what their shared history is.

I'm thinking you're right.  (Seems at one time in the deep, dark past they also shared the same wom......... !!)
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 3:02:07 PM EDT
[#14]
ARS does great work. I bought my STG-58 from him a few years ago. It's an awesome gun.

He gets my vote.
Link Posted: 5/12/2003 6:09:56 PM EDT
[#15]
I just got back my SAR-2 from gunplumber, refinished and with the romy FSB put on it.

The refinish work is absolutly top-notch, and the work he did on it is also awesome.

Yah, it took a while, but he's also moving his office and all that other stuff.

He's a 'smith, not a secretary, so I didn't expect constant updates.

I'll retain his services again in a heartbeat, if I have something else that needs doing.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 12:30:03 PM EDT
[#16]

Great guys to deal with, and very fair also.  My FAL is from ARS.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 4:31:03 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
But it will take 3 months...

Is that all?  
Man, some of the stories I could tell you about gunsmithing turnaround times.

I used Derek (the other guy you are referring to) once to do some FAL work and was very pleased with his work.  Very meticulous refinshing work.
I would not hesitate to use either of these smiths.
Link Posted: 5/17/2003 7:47:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Both Mark Graham/Gunplumber/Arizona Response Systems and Derek Huffman/Arizona Expert Arms are very highly regarded over at the FAL Files.

I believe Derek used to work for Gunplumber, but I'm not absolutely sure of this.

I have a Gunplumber FAL 18" carbine in satin black Metacol III, excellent rifle.

Sites:

Arizona Response Systems

Arizona Expert Arms
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top