Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/15/2002 9:13:20 AM EDT
What do those full auto guns sound like when fired? Does it sound like a toy? How loud are they? Thought they might be fun around the house on a rainy day. Know of any good links for gun reviews? Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:28:27 AM EDT
[#1]
I have an MP5A3 model. Mine sounds like a loud airgun on full auto. It's pretty cool. I do room clearing around the house as training. Pretty pricey. Mine was like $289 or so. Tele stock and all. Just like my Special Weapons HK clone gun. I made a target box to collect all the BB's. Tired of seeing green BB's all over the house. They are great for shooting birds. Won't harm the birds and they get the message to stay away. I love mine. They do sting a bit when you get shot.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 9:51:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Mach1,
These guns are awesome! I have the Marui M4A1-RIS model and I love it!! I have some photos of it if you want I can email em' to ya.  The guns sound pretty cool when fired.  They have about a 30% mechanical and 70% compressed air sound to them.  Not at all toy sounding.  When I show my friends and dry fire it for them they always get the same look on thier face: I would not want to get hit with that!  About shooting them in the house: Be by yourself and wear eye protection!  The bb's on a stock (not upgraded) gun travel about 350ft. per second and really bounce around in rooms.  I did this once on full auto and got hit several times from my own "friendly fire"!  As far as the gun itself, you will be speachless about the detail. I have a Bushmaster M-4 and when I lay them side by side, many people can't tell the real thing from the bb-gun. The weight, feel, materials, everything is top notch.  These guns are first class and are really not for someone looking for a toy.  You can get what's called a "mini" airsoft gun that will run you about 17bucks and those are fun for the basic shoot at each other and run type games.
Here are some cool links for ya.  By the way the battery powered guns are called AEG's for short so don't let that confuse ya.

The best place to buy:  infinityairsoft.net
Cool forums:  Airsoftretreat.com and Airsoftzone.com  also airsoftplayer.com

Cool sport and awesome guns!!  Hope this wasn't too much info for ya.  

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 11:07:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Gentlemen,

While these "toys" are essentially harmless in a physical sense, they should be viewed for what they truly are. A means of training for the future use of weapons of mass destruction.

I encourage you to please consider a boycott of the further use and/or purchase of these instruments of terror.

Do it for the children.

Thank you.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:18:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I just wrote a bunch of stuff and it didn't post.

Summorization because I don't care, and can't remember, to type it all again:

www.wargameclub.com/WGC_Shop
That's where I bought my Tokyo Marui MP5K-PDW.

Buy at least 10,000 BB's.  BB's will pock wood walls.  You'll be picking up BB's from everywhere in your house if that's where you shoot it.

I'd buy a ICS MP5SD, if I was going to order another gun.

Short and sweet.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 12:26:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh yeah...

My PDW doesn't sound like a real gun, but it does sound cool.  If you sit around playing with your real guns making machinegun sounds with your mouth, you will not be dissatified with the AEG noise.

Not that I sit around making machinegun noises with my mouth while holding my AR or anything like that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:02:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's the last Airsoft post I answered in... I thought I had deleted my post there.  I was wrong...

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?id=92477
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 1:11:59 PM EDT
[#7]
oh & don't forget to also turn in all your firearms.  and remember, it's for the children.

Quoted:
Gentlemen,

While these "toys" are essentially harmless in a physical sense, they should be viewed for what they truly are. A means of training for the future use of weapons of mass destruction.

I encourage you to please consider a boycott of the further use and/or purchase of these instruments of terror.

Do it for the children.

Thank you.

Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I just wrote a bunch of stuff and it didn't post.

Summorization because I don't care, and can't remember, to type it all again:

www.wargameclub.com/WGC_Shop
That's where I bought my Tokyo Marui MP5K-PDW.

Buy at least 10,000 BB's.  BB's will pock wood walls.  You'll be picking up BB's from everywhere in your house if that's where you shoot it.

I'd buy a ICS MP5SD, if I was going to order another gun.

Short and sweet.

How much was the shipping?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 7:58:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, for the info. That Marui Steyr-Aug Looks like the one for me. So, from what I gathered, guns shipped to the USA have a orange tip on the barrel? Do you guys paint them over?
Link Posted: 5/15/2002 8:36:09 PM EDT
[#10]
HEEEEEEE'S BAAAAAAAAAACK!
My dearest Mr. KofiAnnan;
    Actually these Airsoft replicas are perfect for training future "Blue Helmets"! Seeing as how the U.N. doesn't have a basic training program, I propose that you:
1. Have a general counsel meeting pertaining to the declining ability of the U.N. to field effective forces around the globe.
2.Propose that all future U.N. forces be armed with quality "Airsoft" style weaponry to minimalize the pain and suffering of those who come in contact with the force of the U.N.
3. Propose a world-wide program called, "You Swap Yours For Mine!", where the armed forces of the world turn in their real firearms for Airsoft replicas, and bullets for BB's.
After all that, then you can come and see me!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 7:58:19 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
How much was the shipping?

It was about $70 for the gun w/ battery, battery charger/discharger, 3700 BB's, "sound suppressor" and 200rd mag.  

The total price was about same (maybe less) as ordering from a US company.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 8:31:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Thanks, for the info. That Marui Steyr-Aug Looks like the one for me. So, from what I gathered, guns shipped to the USA have a orange tip on the barrel? Do you guys paint them over?

I can only speak from my experience.  My MP5K-PDW had orange paint on the barrel which EASILY came off with a couple of Q-tips and paint thinner.  Gun manfactuer trademarks will also be covered by a "putty", but it was more like tape and just pealed right off.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 9:09:25 AM EDT
[#13]
All trade-mark coverings and orange tip came off my M4 with my fingernails only.
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 10:24:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Mach 1 & HMC,
    I bought an MP-5 w/collapsible stock and was so impressed with the quality and performance that I went and did it again! Had to have the M1-A1 Thompson. Absolutely no regrets with it either. The looks and heft of the Thompson are remarkable. I bought both from 747 imports online. They are top dollar but after signing their waiver once and faxing it to them, the service can't be beat. Very nice people to deal with and extremely helpful. The orange paint chips off with a fingernail.
    Wherever you buy it from, get one. You won't regret it!
Link Posted: 5/16/2002 3:38:20 PM EDT
[#15]
i have airsoft mac 10 only regret is its gas instead of battery
Link Posted: 5/26/2002 9:25:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Finally figured out how to post pics.  Here is my Tokyo Marui Airsoft gun:
http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid21/pa4c80b2896530f9b7d59629146cfe44c/fdb50790.jpg.orig.jpg

By the way all dimensions and weights are exact to the real thing. I can interchange all the accessories from this to my real M4.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top