Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/17/2005 10:15:36 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/17/2005 10:16:19 PM EDT by rara1141]
Where can I find the correct HK extractor spring for my Bobcat SW5-SBR? Just picked up my Form 4 and SBR from the dealer and i didn't notice until now that it has what seems to be a 91 extractor (silver colored)... I can move it with my finger strength and that is bad. Who has a couple to sell me? (Copper colored)

intelfx@cox.net
Las Vegas, NV
Thanks
-Robert
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:21:37 PM EDT
Top Notch is now making and selling goldplated (colored) springs for $5.00 each. These are rumored to be of decent quality and will last longer than the springs that came with your gun (I believe newer Bobcats now come standard with these new springs. TN and SW provide all the OEM parts for the Bobcat weapons. You may be able to get this spring from Bobcat for free under warrenty if you call them.

Have fun with your gun.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 11:02:56 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Soup-Nazi:
Top Notch is now making and selling goldplated (colored) springs for $5.00 each. These are rumored to be of decent quality and will last longer than the springs that came with your gun (I believe newer Bobcats now come standard with these new springs. TN and SW provide all the OEM parts for the Bobcat weapons. You may be able to get this spring from Bobcat for free under warrenty if you call them.

Have fun with your gun.

the newer ones probably do come with them... mine was "built" last October, transfered from LA to NV as a C3 SBR, then from the NV dealer to me... I just got this today... bought it last November... go figure....

I will call BOBCAT tomorrow and warranty that part... other than that the fit and fnish are not too bad... when I was at the dealer today, he pulled out his real HK MP5 and we compared the differences... the finish on the HK was almost flawless, and the finish on the BOBCAT seemed "blobbed" on a little thick.... a hole in one of the lugs on the barrel (from the fake supressor), the stock and forend were terrible (seemed to have heavy molding marks), and the middle sling attatchment clip was a little different .... I AM HAPPY with it. It will NEVER be an HK, but I didn't pay $4000 either....

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:20:43 AM EDT
You can get a '5 pack' of the Gold colored springs from T-N for $22.50

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:46:03 AM EDT
I saw they have the "F" revision bolt heads and carriers for +p and +p+ rounds.... but they didn't seem to have the F cocking tubes... would the 'upgrade' with TN "F" bolt head and carrier be enough for me to use +p ammo?

any other mods I need to make to shoot the hot stuff?

Top Top