Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2006 2:19:16 PM EDT
Lately my 10/22 has been having difficulty firing.

At first, I thought it was bad ammo.  I'd pull the trigger, hear a click, and nothing would happen.  When I manually cycle the bolt, the round would fall out, and show that it had indeed been hit.

However, it is happening far to regularly now, and with different ammo.   I'm guessing that it just isn't hitting the rim hard enough.

Where should I start looking for the solution to make my plinker plink again?
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 2:36:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Try cleaning your firing pin, or replacing it.  Don't get one of the titanium ones, I've heard they cause a lot of light strikes that won't fire.  Get a factory one and you'll be fine.
Link Posted: 2/8/2006 10:42:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Have you recently removed the barrel? If so maybe you did not push the barrel far back enough.  If that's not it replace the firing pin. I had a bad firing once and the thing is the firing pin looked GOOD but it was not. Let us know if you get your 22 up and running.
Link Posted: 2/9/2006 12:13:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Or maybe the barrel's v-block screws loosened up.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top