Warning

 

Close
Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Cancel Confirm
AR15.COM
Armory Sponsor
2/16/2011 7:13:45 AM EDT
Does anyone have a fix for this?  I am getting at least 20% requiring double strike to ignite the primers.  Notice how off center pin mark is on these FTFs.  
2/16/2011 7:26:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Get a replacement spring for the firing pin. I had the same problem with my Turkish Mauser. I replaced the spring with a new one from MidwayUSA, Timney was the brand of the spring I think, and have yet to have a FTF since.

*EDIT* Well, I thought you were refering to a Mauser, I guess this is a pistol? Anyways, with surplus guns in general I think, the spring wears out.
2/16/2011 8:01:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Get a replacement spring for the firing pin. I had the same problem with my Turkish Mauser. I replaced the spring with a new one from MidwayUSA, Timney was the brand of the spring I think, and have yet to have a FTF since.

*EDIT* Well, I thought you were refering to a Mauser, I guess this is a pistol? Anyways, with surplus guns in general I think, the spring wears out.


Yes it is a 7.62X25 pistol.  The main question I think is how to get the firing pin to hit center of the primer?  I am sure that would eliminate nearly all the FTF problems.
2/16/2011 9:16:58 AM EDT
[#3]
Have you tried removing the firring pin and cleaning it and the springs some of the ones coming from J&G are loaded with grease.
2/16/2011 9:26:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Have you tried removing the firring pin and cleaning it and the springs some of the ones coming from J&G are loaded with grease.


I am going down that path.  It looks like the rear sight will have to be drifted off to remove the firing pin, is that right?  If so drift L>R or R>L with the rear sight?
2/16/2011 9:34:38 AM EDT
[#5]
No the firing pin is held in just like the colt 1911 their is a good video on disassembling the M57 on youtube check it out.
2/16/2011 9:57:57 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
No the firing pin is held in just like the colt 1911 their is a good video on disassembling the M57 on youtube check it out.


Ahh..relief thanks
2/16/2011 4:47:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:
No the firing pin is held in just like the colt 1911 their is a good video on disassembling the M57 on youtube check it out.


Ahh..relief thanks


Take care not to launch the parts to BFE where you'll never find them.  
Getting it back together is a real mfkr...expression while fighting with it=  vs when it finally went back together =

2/16/2011 7:35:18 PM EDT
[#8]
You're also dealing with ammo that is somewhat insensitive.  MAYBE having a local shop make you a slightly longer firing pin, or installing a heavier spring will compensate, but you're still shooting near 60 year old ComBloc SMG ammo.
2/17/2011 8:08:46 AM EDT
[#9]
Try firing it with commercial ammo.  My CZ52 with a Harrington firing pin and spring has some trouble with surplus but works fine with Sellier & Beloit(sp?)



I have not cleaned my M57 from Wideners but they recommend it.  The 2 magazines were stuck together with cosmoline and took some serious finger pressure to pop them apart.
2/17/2011 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
No the firing pin is held in just like the colt 1911 their is a good video on disassembling the M57 on youtube check it out.


Ahh..relief thanks


Take care not to launch the parts to BFE where you'll never find them.  
Getting it back together is a real mfkr...expression while fighting with it=  vs when it finally went back together =



Hey try this guys video.  Good trick for getting the firing pin back in.  Saved my brain a few hours of hurting.

Youtube video M57
2/17/2011 1:21:42 PM EDT
[#11]
Good info on that video had not seen it before.

Sign up to continue the discussion

Create a free account to share your thoughts, follow topics, and connect with the AR15.COM community.

Already a member? Sign In

Armory Sponsor