Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2012 7:11:23 PM EDT
hello there.  i'm a novice AR guy and i'm looking for some help on an ejection problem i have somehow developed.  

it seems that the spent casing is getting hung up on something and isn't ejecting completely before the bolt starts to move forward, then the next round becomes jammed. i have a short video of the failure, see the following link.

http://youtu.be/eYb0lRCu26o

the rifle is a DPMS .308 with about 700 rnds through it; the rifle is pretty much stock except for the iron sights and the muzzle brake.  i started to get this ejection failure late in the day after 250 rnds of flawless performance.  a couple of the guys i was with checked the ejection pin pressure and the ejector claw, both were deemed operational.  the gas block doesn't seem to be leaking either. i was told it might need to be cleaned, but i clean it thoroughly after each outing; shouldn't i be able to go through more than 250 rnds between cleanings?

any ideas on what i should do?

thanks for your time.

ryan
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#1]
different ammo?

sounds like weak rounds. what changed now in all the previous rounds being shot? need more lube? try that.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#2]
A close up of the failure would be really helpful.  

What type of ammo were using, magazine?  Close up pics of the chamber and bolt?  

I would bet ammo and not enough lube.
Link Posted: 6/4/2012 9:42:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top