Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
PSA
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/2/2007 4:37:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 1/30/2007 12:10:39 PM EDT by evileyeswatchin]
Just wondering how well the accupoint works at night.
For coyote hunting w/a red spotting scope.
any yote hunters using one?
is the amber a better choice than red?
is a spotting scope too bright to see the tritium triangle?
(using an optronics nightblaster 250)
I have a lit reticle 1.5-5x now just like the idea of no batteries.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 4:51:01 AM EDT
The Trijicon Accupoint would be perfect for that application.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 9:51:23 AM EDT
Never used an accupoint, but I have had two trijicon reflex sights, a Meprolight 21, one Acog, and a Tri-power.

I prefer the Amber reticle. The red is a little harder to see unless you have a battery powered model like the Tri-Power or glow stick variant of the Reflex. Problem with the red reticles then is that they are the right color and brightness to dominate your eye and you notice it more than the target area. With the Amber you tend to more or less just get it done without thinking about it.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 10:59:18 AM EDT

Originally Posted By TheOtherDave:
Never used an accupoint, but I have had two trijicon reflex sights, a Meprolight 21, one Acog, and a Tri-power.

I prefer the Amber reticle. The red is a little harder to see unless you have a battery powered model like the Tri-Power or glow stick variant of the Reflex. Problem with the red reticles then is that they are the right color and brightness to dominate your eye and you notice it more than the target area. With the Amber you tend to more or less just get it done without thinking about it.

that's my take on the amber reticule as well.
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 12:33:26 PM EDT
thanks for the info.
Top Top