Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/8/2005 9:10:40 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It gets no style or coolness points here, but it takes a beating and works well.  I used one on a duty weapon for a few years and never had any issues.  

The upside would be its able to take a beating, and its a pretty low priced unit.  

The down side would be its weight and that it is pretty wide.

Here is the only pic I have of it with a VFG.  
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 9:30:05 AM EDT
[#2]
How does it compare to the YHM light weight tube I am trying to decide between the two setups
I can get a Yhm kit with the  
-rail 12"
-rail mounted front sight
-clamp on gasblock
-rail end cap
-sling stud
-sling swivle for $220.00 for the kit

I'm just trying to decide between the rail's

thanks again stickman
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 11:42:56 AM EDT
[#3]
I like mine as my .223 can fits inside...

This is on my .22SD AR PISTOL...hehe

Link Posted: 8/8/2005 12:59:13 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
How does it compare to the YHM light weight tube I am trying to decide between the two setups
I can get a Yhm kit with the  
-rail 12"
-rail mounted front sight
-clamp on gasblock
-rail end cap
-sling stud
-sling swivle for $220.00 for the kit

I'm just trying to decide between the rail's

thanks again stickman

That sounds like a pretty good price, and I think the YHM would do pretty well for you also.  Its a lighter weight unit, but I dont' see that as an issue for most people.  I haven't heard of any of them being damaged.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:12:44 PM EDT
[#5]
They seem to be good on the bang for the buck route.

I also wish other people would make rifle length rail systems that extended past the front sight block. I don't know if they have it patented but I'm sure there's plenty like me who enjoy the idea of unexposed low pro front gas blocks on rifles. I have to give them props for that idea.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 1:36:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks fellas
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top