Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 7/22/2010 12:09:23 PM EDT
I just bought a used Olympic A2 Upper off Gunbroker.  It doesn't have any markings on it so how do I know it an Olympic and not a DPMS or BM?
Is there a way to tell if it's forged or cast?  Do I care that it's forged or cast?  

It looks brand new and un touched.  I plan to use it for NRA HP and I'll take my current BM flattop and build a sniper rig to replace my Rem 700 in 308.  

Thanks in advance.

Lovesbeer, but shoots safe.
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 4:32:52 PM EDT
[#1]
You won't usually see a forge mark on an Oly upper receiver while DPMS & Bushy usually do. Oly used some castings back in the day. If it's a cast upper then you won't see any forging flash under the carry handle. Do you have pics of it yet?
Link Posted: 7/22/2010 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok, I couldn't figure out how to post photos without having them on a link somewhere.  
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top