Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 3/28/2006 6:12:52 PM EDT
This seemed like the most appropriate forum to post this.

So has anybody used these things? What are your opinions? I just got a free pair of EP-3s from a Surefire promotional offer and here are my impressions.

They are very soft and comfortable to wear. A little difficult to insert, but after you get them in, they are very secure. I haven't had a chance to use them at the range yet, but I will post results when I can get to the range. Here are some pics.

The set and case.

Right Ear

Left Ear
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:33:35 PM EDT
Just got mine today too on the free offer. They seem to be comfortable, but have not wore them for more than 5 to 10 minutes. Cant wait to try them out.
Link Posted: 3/28/2006 8:36:55 PM EDT
I got a couple of pairs at my store & they are listed as only 9dB! Maybe these are designed to be worn under muffs? Or for combat personnel that need some protection but need to hear also? I would think that they would work best with the electronic muffs because they are only 20-23 dB reduction. I haven't had a chance to try a pair yet.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 5:26:41 AM EDT
I bought a set and they are VERY comfortable. I don't think that I would wear them alone when shooting an AR. Pistol might be ok. They are a nice thing to keep in a vehicle or in a shooting/hunting jacket as well.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 7:56:58 AM EDT
What free offer are you talking about? Please do provide info on free stuff.
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 9:03:19 AM EDT
If you are on Surefire's mailing list, they sent out an email with a link to where you could get a pair of EP-3s for free when you buy something. There were only 2000 pairs available, so I on't know if there are any left.
Top Top