Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2004 7:14:55 PM EST
I assembled three lowers today. All brand new RRA lowers with RRA parts kits. Two of the lowers had very tight slots for the bolt hold open. On one I could not get any of the three bolt hold open parts I had on hand to even fit in. I ended up sanding down the sides of one in order to get it in, but it is still too tight, and won't activate with an empty mag. The second lower has a similar but not quite as bad problem. I was able to get the part in, but it is still binding, and will not activate either. The third works fine. Has anyone else seen this problem? It seems to be a problem with the receiver, and not the bolt hold open parts as none of the three I had would work. Anyone have any better solutions other than sanding them down? Anyone know what the finish is on these parts, so I can do something to protect them after sanding them down? Sorry, lots of questions, but I am "juslearnin". Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:55:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/14/2004 7:56:44 PM EST by jnewt]
I have had issues in the past with the safety detent pin not fitting, which required sanding of the pin. but never the bolt catch. Do you have a set of calipers or a way to measure the slot for the bolt catch? If so I am sure someone here knows what the specs are so you can see if it is the lowers which are out of spec or the parts kits... Sorry I cant help more...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 8:53:25 PM EST
i've had tight, out of spec rear takedown pins. never any problems with mag catch. call RRA and see if they'll send you a new mag catch.
Top Top