Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 9/13/2003 1:28:21 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/13/2003 1:29:20 PM EDT by Tex78]
during a ras2 thread here someone had wanted a pic of the EO on the ras2. Got mine a couple of weeks ago. Absolutely love it. Need to get a good foregrip as the FOBUS wont fit. (doesn't feel right on it anyway)

Pic has a weird shadow behind it but there is enough clearance.

Tex78

edited to get right
Link Posted: 9/13/2003 9:30:33 PM EDT
Thanks for the pic Tex, I was wondering when someone would post it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 5:36:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/14/2003 5:37:36 AM EDT by Furet]
Do you find it forward heavy with the Eotech up front? I have been debating about getting an Aimpoint to mount on the bridge or mounting an Eothech up front. [edited to add] Can you post a pic of the complete rifle, to see what the setup looks like, thanks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 6:38:36 AM EDT
I'd be more worried about the EOTech heating up if you emptied a few mags quickly. Let me know if you burn it out.
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:28:45 AM EDT
To be honest, the EOtech came off, and a 1.5-4.5X scope went on that rifle for my first range test. (testing for accuracy) What I found was that the top rail barely got hot at all. I did some slow fire, then later so improvised drills (rapid fire a couple of mags) I expected that the rails would get uncofortable, but was suprised to find that the top rail was only warm near the FSB, and the FSB/barrel were too hot to touch. I have never used the original RIS/RAS, but I'd assume that with metal to metal contact at the Handguard cap/FSB, that thing would be much hotter than the RASII. Over all I was very impressed with the unit. Furet, with an EOTech, taclight, 2 loaded/cinched mags and the heavy bushy barrel it is a bit weighty up front, but its not too bad. Tex78
Link Posted: 9/14/2003 9:38:42 AM EDT
By the way I got it through J&T Distributing for $335 + S&H and they actually had them in stock! They don't list them on their website, but they have em. Tex78
Top Top