Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/11/2006 4:41:34 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2006 4:42:05 PM EDT by Bronc]
Im getting ready to purchase the necessary tools needed for the AR. I have the list from another thread, but was wondering if there is a certain brand of armorers wrench that is better than the others as well as which action block should I buy? Thanks again.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 5:36:46 PM EDT
Most like the DPMS armorers wrench. Brownell's sells an action block for $35, works well.
Link Posted: 4/11/2006 7:27:58 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/11/2006 7:28:47 PM EDT by ALPHAGHOST]
DPMS and Bushy's armory's wrench work for me ; action block (i got a M1S block)-they are all about the same--its best to make sure they will fit both A2 and flatops; vice; leatherman; punches; hammer; mallet; tape; vice grips
thats about all you will need
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 8:41:00 AM EDT
Appreciate the input fellas.
Link Posted: 4/12/2006 10:59:41 AM EDT
AR roll pin punch kit....available from Brownell's

Roll pin starter punches are a very nice extra but unlike the roll pin punch kit ( which is only about 20 bucks ) the Starter Set is about 46 bucks.....totally worth it

also get a mag block ( to hold the lower when you need to ) another handy tool

as is an 8 ounce ball peen hammer

and a good 4 inch or better vise
Top Top