Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/16/2007 8:25:10 PM EDT
What's a good optic for 100-200yds on an AR? Nothing over the top just good for all around shooting up to 300 yds, but primarily 100-200yds.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:30:59 PM EDT
[#1]
There's an optics forum where you'll find all sorts of folks who know a lot more than I.  That being said, I just put a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 mm on my Colt and I really like it, after two outings.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Depends wether you want magnified or just an optic efective out to where you can see and shoot.I have an eotech 552 thats on the way...gettin it earlier than christmas...next on the list is the 4XAcog that will be my magnified one.
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 9:04:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I'll head over to the optics section...and I'm not sure if I want magnification or not. I would say probably, but it might be fun to try something like an Aimpoint?
Link Posted: 8/16/2007 11:46:45 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Thanks, I'll head over to the optics section...and I'm not sure if I want magnification or not. I would say probably, but it might be fun to try something like an Aimpoint?

aimpoints (and other red dot, non magnification devices, such as EoTEchs) are nice, esp for more close in shots

for your uses (up to 200+ yrds), i'd suggest a lower powered (more than likely fixed power) scope...IOR, ACOGs, Leupolds, or a magnifier for the aimpoint and eotech might be more to your uses
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 3:12:26 AM EDT
[#5]
Try the Eotech or Aimpoint.  If you decide you want magnification you can get the magnifier to go behind it.  I really like the Eotech with the Aimpoint 3XMAG behind it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2007 3:38:04 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
There's an optics forum where you'll find all sorts of folks who know a lot more than I.  That being said, I just put a Leupold VX-II 3-9x40 mm on my Colt and I really like it, after two outings.

Back along TIME ago I put a 3.5-10x on my A1 20 inch Bush

It was fun to shoot with IRONS and the scope for Long range or head shoots

For 200 to 300

I use a Aimpoint ML2 on my M4

and a 551 eotch on my BACK UP M4

Tin cans at 220 yards / Berm is easy with the red dot scopes
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top